Moto X: Touchless Controls not following through

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
A few times in the last week or so I've had Touchless Controls understand exactly what I said, but then not follow through and do what I told it to do. For example, I said "OK Google Now, launch pandora", to which it responded "opening app" - but then it never proceeded to open the app. Another example, I said "OK Google Now, call ", to which it responded "calling at work" - but it never placed the call. Is anyone else seeing behavior like this?

Last edited by a moderator:

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Touchless Controls not following through

I've had similar experiences from time to time over the last couple of days (since the language update). It sets up to listen to me but then stops there. And the new "What's up?" command doesn't always respond correctly. Half the time it responds with search results for "what's up" instead.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
With the new update the touchless command and the dictation has gotten better.

One thing I noticed if i paused or started when I was trying to send a text Google would cut off what I was saying and I would have to start the whole process over again. Now it seems like that I'm more of the issue in dictating stuff to the phone.

I was finally able to watch an app with a touch of control. Before I was completely unable to do so.

Now if only I could tell it to increase the volume or put on the speakerphone a turn on and off the Bluetooth remotely but just talking to it would be wonderful.

Posted via Android Central App

mkurz12

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I've been noticing the same problem with touch less control. It understands but doesn't follow through. Doesn't seem to matter what command I give, sometimes it works but most if the time it doesn't.
Also seem to have a WiFi issue since the update. WiFi speeds are equivalent to 3G speeds now. Can't even watch a 3 minute you tube video without it buffering constantly. Works fine over 4G though.

Posted via AC App on Moto X

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I'm sorry others are having the problem too, but I'm just as glad that it's not just me. For me, the worst has been with text messages, but it's not the frequency of failure that makes it the worst, it's that there's no outward sign of a problem. If I tell Touchless Controls to launch an app and it says "launching app", but then doesn't do it, I'm very likely to notice. However, when it says "sending text", and displays "message sent" on the screen, the only way to know if it actually sent it is to open the default messaging app and look for the message.

This is exactly the kind of thing that would have me restoring backups with Titanium when I was rooted. I'm now using Helium, which has some benefits over Titanium, but keeping historical backups isn't one of them.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
with me, it doesnt always follow through with "whats up" it will do a google search, its a hit and miss. i tried saying notifications (just like the app said its doable) and it will always do a google search. if anything, assist is what bothers me on how it doesnt always read texts when im driving. the driving icon pops up EVERY single time i get in my car, even before i put the key in most cases, but doesnt read back, all settings are properly tuned.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe you're right. A lot of touch touch less controls have to deal with the Internet data connection your device is receiving at the time. That's all.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800