Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: Battery usage

Hi all, i've got an interesting observation. My Moto X which I love of course. after 8 hours on battery at work, will be at 50% battery which is fine because the display usage is at 10% battery which is fine but my Android OS Usage is at 50% and that's after having cleared out all of the recent apps. Has anyone seen that before at all? Again, The battery power is still not bad, I was just wondering, if anyone has seen this before and any suggestions regarding this. Here's a screen shot i took of my battery stats. Moto X: Battery usage-screenshot_2014-03-07-19-04-56.png

Default Re: Battery usage

That's what mine looks like all the time. I think it's a conspiracy to hide cell standby since I don't have good reception at work. Lol

Posted via my Moto X DE
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by cappy718 View Post
    That's what mine looks like all the time. I think it's a conspiracy to hide cell standby since I don't have good reception at work. Lol

Posted via my Moto X DE
    haha a conspiracy theory for reception battery usage eh? I mean don't get me wrong, I still have a very decent battery after work when I left I was just curious about an overall though.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock for now.

My screen is always top of the list. Android OS is usually 2nd though.

Quote Originally Posted by mhans311 View Post
    My screen is always top of the list. Android OS is usually 2nd though.
    I got WiFi always 2nd on my list always

Posted via Android Central App

Delete

This is a problem with everyone with 4.4.2. there is higher Android OS battery usage. There might be a fix from Google about it but we will see.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

This was a problem before 4.4.2 I believe and I thought 4.4.2 was supposed to fix it. It has only made it more common for me. I'd say over the course of my full day when it does this I lose about an extra 10% of my battery, it's worse for others though from what I've read.
    edit: When I notice it I restart my phone and sometimes that fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    This was a problem before 4.4.2 I believe and I thought 4.4.2 was supposed to fix it. It has only made it more common for me. I'd say over the course of my full day when it does this I lose about an extra 10% of my battery, it's worse for others though from what I've read.
    edit: When I notice it I restart my phone and sometimes that fixes it.
    Actually it wasn't a problem before 4.4.2. Thus problem started when 4.4.2. started hitting other handsets and other people noticed it too. At the end of every day since my 4.4.2. update Android OS is my highest battery user after the screen.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A895 View Post
    Actually it wasn't a problem before 4.4.2. Thus problem started when 4.4.2. started hitting other handsets and other people noticed it too. At the end of every day since my 4.4.2. update Android OS is my highest battery user after the screen.
    Well I know it came up prior to 4.4.2 but it does look like more people have the problem now with 4.4.2 on all phones that have it, not just the MX. Anyone know if Google has acknowledged this yet? I can't seem to find them saying anything about it, just the camera battery problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    Well I know it came up prior to 4.4.2 but it does look like more people have the problem now with 4.4.2 on all phones that have it, not just the MX. Anyone know if Google has acknowledged this yet? I can't seem to find them saying anything about it, just the camera battery problem.
    It seems they don't know about it yet or they just have not acknowledged it publicly.

I've noticed that "google play services" seems to be taking up more battery % than before. Mine's now at 7%. I don't remember seeing that before 4.4.2

Peter E.

Quote Originally Posted by attyple View Post
    I've noticed that "google play services" seems to be taking up more battery % than before. Mine's now at 7%. I don't remember seeing that before 4.4.2

Peter E.
    For me it's com.android.chrome:sandboxed_process0. It takes up 3% or more of battery everyday. Android OS is second only battery usage after the screen and Android system has higher usage as well. 4.4.3. better fix this.