Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rocketsaucev2
  • 2 Post By grn4frk
  • 1 Post By portablealpha
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Pictures in texts from iPhone not coming through. ??

My sister has sent some pictures to the rest of the family in texts with an iPhone and they haven't come through on my Moto X. I just see a square with a triangle in it (like a "play" button). Anyone have any idea why this may be?

I can send pics to myself.

Default Re: Pictures in texts from iPhone not coming through. ??

I keep getting these 'slideshows' from iphones too, it's so annoying. If you just wait for like 10 seconds, does it change to a picture or anything?

-Nexus 10-
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

If they don't send text with the picture, it will show up fine. If they send text with it, it will come as a slide show. (I used to have an iPhone). It's extremely annoying. I wish Google would be smart enough to put a next button so when you open a slideshow, you don't have to wait 15 seconds to see it.

Posted via Android Central App - Moto X

misconception; this is NOT a google issue. google has nothing to do with sending/receiving sms, they simply added the capability of sending texts through your phone just like every other company did before them, before smartphones went main stream, before iphones existed, when nokia 36xx & 96xx (dont remember the #s, just going off top of my head) was in every single persons hands, playing snake. this issue is 100% apples fault for wanting to monopolize texting all because of imessage.

Global Posts
    271 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    misconception; this is NOT a google issue. google has nothing to do with sending/receiving sms, they simply added the capability of sending texts through your phone just like every other company did before them, before smartphones went main stream, before iphones existed, when nokia 36xx & 96xx (dont remember the #s, just going off top of my head) was in every single persons hands, playing snake. this issue is 100% apples fault for wanting to monopolize texting all because of imessage.
    True but Google could add a next button to slideshows to help alleviate the issue. I can't tell you how many times I've have heard people mention this issue and some went back to the iPhone as they think it is a android problem. At least if there was a next slide button, more people would know there is a picture in there..its not just a text on a blank screen. Another reason i dislike apple products lol

Posted via Android Central App - Moto X
    JoeNM84 and dmark44 like this.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Yep this happened to me when my friend with an iPhone would send picture messages. I got her to switch to using Hangouts though since I don't have unlimited texting to anyone other than VZW phones. It was very annoying.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Does this happen with all Androids? My girlfriend has an S4 and she said she gets pics fine.

In my case, the first one I received was a video and it does come up after a few seconds, which I didn't know until I saw the responses here. However, with another one, after I press the "play" button in the text the text disappears after a few seconds and I get a small icon of a picture and an exclamation point. If I touch that icon, I get a blank screen with what looks like a video in progress bar on the bottom, but nothing appearing, then that disappears too. Any ideas on how to fix this????
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,784 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    iMessage has nothing to do with sending an MMS to an Android phone.

The MMS still gets to the phone. It's just not displayed in a way that's user friendly on a Moto X. That isn't Apple's fault.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

If you want to save the iPhone slideshow pics, see my method here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...isplaying.html (Scroll down to the second scenario.)
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.