Pictures in texts from iPhone not coming through. ??

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My sister has sent some pictures to the rest of the family in texts with an iPhone and they haven't come through on my Moto X. I just see a square with a triangle in it (like a "play" button). Anyone have any idea why this may be?

I can send pics to myself.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting these 'slideshows' from iphones too, it's so annoying. If you just wait for like 10 seconds, does it change to a picture or anything?

-Nexus 10-

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
If they don't send text with the picture, it will show up fine. If they send text with it, it will come as a slide show. (I used to have an iPhone). It's extremely annoying. I wish Google would be smart enough to put a next button so when you open a slideshow, you don't have to wait 15 seconds to see it.

Posted via Android Central App - Moto X

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
misconception; this is NOT a google issue. google has nothing to do with sending/receiving sms, they simply added the capability of sending texts through your phone just like every other company did before them, before smartphones went main stream, before iphones existed, when nokia 36xx & 96xx (dont remember the #s, just going off top of my head) was in every single persons hands, playing snake. this issue is 100% apples fault for wanting to monopolize texting all because of imessage.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
misconception; this is NOT a google issue. google has nothing to do with sending/receiving sms, they simply added the capability of sending texts through your phone just like every other company did before them, before smartphones went main stream, before iphones existed, when nokia 36xx & 96xx (dont remember the #s, just going off top of my head) was in every single persons hands, playing snake. this issue is 100% apples fault for wanting to monopolize texting all because of imessage.

True but Google could add a next button to slideshows to help alleviate the issue. I can't tell you how many times I've have heard people mention this issue and some went back to the iPhone as they think it is a android problem. At least if there was a next slide button, more people would know there is a picture in there..its not just a text on a blank screen. Another reason i dislike apple products lol

Posted via Android Central App - Moto X

Last edited:

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Yep this happened to me when my friend with an iPhone would send picture messages. I got her to switch to using Hangouts though since I don't have unlimited texting to anyone other than VZW phones. It was very annoying.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Does this happen with all Androids? My girlfriend has an S4 and she said she gets pics fine.

In my case, the first one I received was a video and it does come up after a few seconds, which I didn't know until I saw the responses here. However, with another one, after I press the "play" button in the text the text disappears after a few seconds and I get a small icon of a picture and an exclamation point. If I touch that icon, I get a blank screen with what looks like a video in progress bar on the bottom, but nothing appearing, then that disappears too. Any ideas on how to fix this????

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

iMessage has nothing to do with sending an MMS to an Android phone.

The MMS still gets to the phone. It's just not displayed in a way that's user friendly on a Moto X. That isn't Apple's fault.