Moto X: Having Trouble w/ New "What's Up" phrase

Tyler McInturff

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I updated the touchless control app the other day but since then have had no success getting the phone to tell me my notifications and what not using the "What's Up" phrase. I can still only use "OK Google Now" to get the phone to do anything without me touching it. Anyone else having this problem? Is there something I can do to fix it? Any and all help is much appreciated. BTW, I'm using the X unrooted and on AT&T.

Ty

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Having Trouble w/ New "What's Up" phrase

You still have to say ok Google now. Then you say what's up.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

You still have to say ok Google now. Then you say what's up.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

This is true, I too tried it without the "Ok! Google Now" right after the update, finally figured it out like Evilnut stated..... I'm on Verizon with stock phone O/S ver 4.4.2. Works everytime after the "Ok! Google Now" prompt.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

This is true, I too tried it without the "Ok! Google Now" right after the update, finally figured it out like Evilnut stated..... I'm on Verizon with stock phone O/S ver 4.4.2. Works everytime after the "Ok! Google Now" prompt.

Do you really say ok with added enthusiasm? 'OK! Google now'?

-Nexus 10-

Tyler McInturff

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

Oh okay. I thought from the description of the update that all you had to say was what's up and that it would then tell you the info. Thanks guys I appreciate you all answering this for me. Now I feel pretty stupid lol. I'm loving my X though. Had it for about 3-4 months and still love it as much as the day I got it! Just waiting for AT&T to give us 4.4.2. Anxious to see the improvements and features it brings. And really excited to see what they bring in the new model later in the summer.

Ty

Posted via Android Central App

DereKram

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Activating google now and saying "whats up" searches the phrase rather than reading notifications?

How do I fix this? Have done all the updates

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Activating google now and saying "whats up" searches the phrase rather than reading notificatio

I don't believe it does.
The thread referenced is for people who don't know you have to say "Ok Google Now" before "What's Up"

I'm having the exact experience as the OP.
I said "Ok Google Now" and it opened the Assist screen.
I asked "What's Up?" and it took me to a Google Search for the phrase "What's Up"

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes it works. Other times it searches for the phrase "what's up" instead. I'm sure the kinks will be worked out, though.

DereKram

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Activating google now and saying "whats up" searches the phrase rather than reading notificatio

You are correct. That does not help. This is extremely frustrating. And I am in the US.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

Can you say 'OK Google now, read notifications' ?

-Nexus 10-

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
It's awesome to use in the car. Hear a notification, say the magic words and it tells you what the notification is for...

C0deM0nkey

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

Aha! Someone else with my issue! I'm in the UK with UK settings and the "what's up" phrase just kicks off a search. However "Read Notifications" works perfectly.

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It works about 50 percent of the time for me. And the 4 Non Blondes group must be thrilled at all the sudden Google hits they're getting lately :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy