Not receiving text messages on Moto X

cq1125

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
The last couple of days I've been having this issue where I occasionally don't receive texts from people. It seems random, and if they send two texts within a minute of each other I sometimes only get one of them. The interesting thing is that all the missed ones from the last couple of days will out of nowhere get received, all at once. I just got 12 messages from 5 different people that were sent over the past few days. Has anyone else had this problem/know of a cause? I'll try a different messaging app (using latest hangouts) and maybe contact my T-Mobile, but I'm not sure what else might be behind it.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Not exactly sure why myself. Has the new app helped receive messages better?
what do u mean by receiving it better? if anything, its more organized and convenient when talking to others between hangouts and sms

The last couple of days I've been having this issue where I occasionally don't receive texts from people. It seems random, and if they send two texts within a minute of each other I sometimes only get one of them. The interesting thing is that all the missed ones from the last couple of days will out of nowhere get received, all at once. I just got 12 messages from 5 different people that were sent over the past few days. Has anyone else had this problem/know of a cause? I'll try a different messaging app (using latest hangouts) and maybe contact my T-Mobile, but I'm not sure what else might be behind it.

i get the same exact issue as well on hangouts. ive noticed if i leave wifi off, it doesnt happen as often. im not sure about you, but majority of the times when this happens, the people that send me txts are on iphones. imessage needs to be destroyed asap.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I meant have you had better luck with the new texting app?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
no. luck is still the same. hangouts is just more organzied. ive noticed if im being sent mass texts, i need to turn wifi off to receive them better/quicker