Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Moto X Missing Menu for enter unlock code

Hi all. I am a newbie here. Got a burning question about my Sprint Moto X 1056.
    I have a sim unlock code but when I pop my Movistar sim in, there is no menu asking for me to enter "unlock code". All I see is this "hands free activation" app. Is there a way to manually bring up this unlock code entry menu from the keypad? I've already selected GSM in the setting. Thanks.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

Default Re: Sprint Moto X Missing Menu for enter unlock code

When I called Sprint to unlock my phone they did it remotely. They told me all I had to do was to reboot the phone and the gsm capabilities with be unlocked.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

are you a sprint customer? you see, i am not. i got my phone on ebay. it's really been frustrating. i've unlocked many phone over the years this way, insert foreign sim, reboot and upon being asked, just enter unlock code...this phone, however, has a whole new layer at boot taht i am unfamiliar with. there has to be way to "activate" the code entry procedure...

Hansoo, unless I am misunderstanding something, SIM lock is in Settings->Security->Set up SIM card lock.

Once that is activated then is will lock and need the PIN to SIM-unlock, but, the SIM-unlock is only visible with a cold restart/reboot. Pushing the X to "Sleep," does not require the SIM PIN only a screen-unlock.

Global Posts
    431 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoo Kim View Post
    are you a sprint customer? you see, i am not. i got my phone on ebay. it's really been frustrating. i've unlocked many phone over the years this way, insert foreign sim, reboot and upon being asked, just enter unlock code...this phone, however, has a whole new layer at boot taht i am unfamiliar with. there has to be way to "activate" the code entry procedure...
    Yes I am a sprint customer for over 15 years.

Sprint phones are locked to be used on Sprint only unless you have Sprint unlock the phone. It needs to be on service for 90 consecutive days before they unlock it. I tried to sell my off contact iPhone for international GSM, but could not because it was not unlocked before it was deactivated and they wanted it back on for 90 days before they do it.

The only recourse you may have is it root and flash the firmware to enable the radio.

Posted via Android Central App