Moto X: Battery life question?

r p3

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I travel every week spend a lot of time on a plane, just curious if it would be less taxing on the battery to turn the phone off or put it in airplane mode. I would think turning the phone on and off several times everyday would consume more power.
Just curious

Sent from my XT1058

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Battery life ?

I would just place it in airplane mode. I'm not sure how much juice is used on the power down cycle but boot up I know taxes the battery getting everything up and running.

r p3

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Battery life question ?

Generally they are anywhere from an hour to three hours. If it is a West coast flight I turn it off as they are from 4 to 5 1/2 hours

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

That's an interesting question....but the last time I ran a battery test on my N5, it drained 1% in 8 hours on WiFi and cell network. So I assume on a 5 hour flight with air plane mode its not gonna drain anything :) I mean 1-2% is acceptable and not enough to even bother switching phone OFF

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

but the last time I ran a battery test on my N5, it drained 1% in 8 hours on WiFi and cell network.

Yup, gotta go along with that thinking. I have my X in a charging stand tethered and streaming videos of an evening. When I go to bed, I turn off the tether (widget) and the wifi comes back on automatically. By morning the battery is showing 10+ hours and 99%. If I were the OP, I would hit airplane and forget it for all flights, well, maybe not to New Zealand or something. :)

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

My wife's X is used as a phone, mostly........don't ask.
Lorraine_MotoX.jpg

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I consider it a backup that is always close by.
along with the 8X, S4 mini in the drawer..grrr
Got to stop buying phones. [as many have also stated]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma