Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: Time zone for calendar

Is the time zone for the stock calendar set on the computer or your phone? I'm in AZ and we don't change for daylight savings time but all of my appointments changed to an hour earlier. I don't get why that would happen because if you have an appointment at one that wouldn't change because of daylight savings. All I know is that as of yesterday they changed. I went into phone settings and made sure AZ was selected for time zone but when I checked on the calendar it says eastern. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Time zone for calendar

It should default to your system time zone. However, when entering a new event, you can select a time zone for that specific event. It'll ask you for the country name--when you type United States, you'll get a list of time zones, including "Mountain Standard - Arizona."

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

I'm in AZ and found the time on my X leaped ahead 1 hour on Sunday morning even though we don't observe DST. Had to manually go in and set the time zone to MST - AZ and also go in and set the "Home" time zone to the same. Rather odd IMHO. I have location services turned off but don't know if that has anything to do with it.
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,329 Global Posts

Default Re: Moto X: Time zone for calendar

In Calendar > Settings > General Settings, what is your "home time zone" set to?

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4) - Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1) - Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jim1405 View Post
    I'm in AZ and found the time on my X leaped ahead 1 hour on Sunday morning even though we don't observe DST. Had to manually go in and set the time zone to MST - AZ and also go in and set the "Home" time zone to the same. Rather odd IMHO. I have location services turned off but don't know if that has anything to do with it.
    Mine did that too. That's when I had to reset it.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default Re: Moto X: Time zone for calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    In Calendar > Settings > General Settings, what is your "home time zone" set to?

That's where it says eastern.