Is Google going through my photos on my Google Drive?

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I?m not sure if anyone here can help me understand what is happen but I?m going to ask anyway. Within the last ? hour I?ve been notified on my phone of some photo backups. When I open the notification I see a picture that is at least 5 years old with fake snow falling and another picture is of my dog taken years ago that has been turned into gif. Now a couple of hours ago I decided to back up my pictures from my PC to my Google drive as Google gave me 50 gigs to play with for the next two years so I'm thinking Google is scrapping these pics and sending them to me as gif?s. Do you think this is what is happening and if so, how do I stop it?

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, it does this with photos I have on Google+(I have auto backup on) but I don't recall it ever doing any auto awesome stuff with photos in my Google Drive.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It's the "auto awesome" feature of G+ photos.

https://support.google.com/plus/answer/3113884?hl=en

You can turn it off as mentioned in the link.

Turn Auto Awesome on or off

Open Google+. Place your cursor in the top left corner for the Google+ main menu. Click Settings > check the box next to "Create awesome new photos and videos for you" to turn it on or uncheck it to turn it off. Auto Awesome is on by default.

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, it does this with photos I have on Google+(I have auto backup on) but I don't recall it ever doing any auto awesome stuff with photos in my Google Drive.

I just got another one. Hopefully turning off the Auto Awesome will stop these because of the 7.8 gigs I backed up to my G-drive Google picked the pics of my dog I took at the vet just 1/2 hour before I had to put her down.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got another one. Hopefully turning off the Auto Awesome will stop these because of the 7.8 gigs I backed up to my G-drive Google picked the pics of my dog I took at the vet just 1/2 hour before I had to put her down.

Aww, that's auto sad, not so auto awesome.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

:-(

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton