Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Assist sleeping mode a dud?

Assist Sleeping Mode on BOTH my Moto X and my daughter's Moto X does not work properly.

During set silent times, I want ONLY favorite calls to ring and text, no others.

Unfortunately, there is no ring but curiously if I am LOOKING at the phone, I SEE they are calling, but there is no sound at all. Silent Time and other apps no longer are workarounds.

All ideas appreciated.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts

Default Re: Assist sleeping mode a dud?

And you are sure you didn't have it on silent manually before hand right? I don't receive many calls, and especially at night anymore, so that would be my first thought as I noticed I did this once by accident.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No....first thing checked....thanks

Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by shtarker View Post
    Assist Sleeping Mode on BOTH my Moto X and my daughter's Moto X does not work properly.

During set silent times, I want ONLY favorite calls to ring and text, no others.

Unfortunately, there is no ring but curiously if I am LOOKING at the phone, I SEE they are calling, but there is no sound at all. Silent Time and other apps no longer are workarounds.

All ideas appreciated.

Thanks!
    Mine works as it should. Strange that yours doesn't.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I guess my Android version 4.2.2 (Motoroala X8), Provider: Republic Wireless (same problem with Verizon Moto X)

Received this today:
    After a little research, it looks like there is a known bug with this version of the Motorola Assist surrounding the favorites calling in Sleep mode. The issue you are experiencing exists on all Moto X users on the Jellybean OS, so it isn't just your device.

The good news is that this should be fixed with our update to KitKat. The bad news is that I'm not exactly sure when that update will happen.

Thanks!