Downloaded An App And Other App Icons Changed Size

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
This is not a big deal but I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts. Today I downloaded an app (a flashlight), and the first thing that was weird was that it bumped another app off the main home screen instead of going to an empty space on another screen as usual. Then I noticed that the other app icons were not the same size anymore. For instance Car2Go used to be a square and is now a rectangle, and some are larger than others. I could swear they were all the same size before, and Car2Go was definitely a square. I checked my gf's S4 and hers are all the same size (and Car2Go is a square). I uninstalled the flashlight app and also Car2Go and rebooted, and then reinstalled Car2Go and it was still a rectangle (and the others still not the same size), so I reinstalled the same flashlight app and this time it went to the blank screen area. The flashlight app had many reviews and almost all positive.

Everything is working fine but I thought this was odd so just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about this.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
You mean like this? I've noticed this on my phone recently.. Every time I download an app, the icon size is extremely small until I remove it from my home screen and replace it.

Example: I just downloaded some games from the AC homepage to try. "Dots" is extremely small

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-14-10-53-45.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-14-10-53-45.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 16

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I would try removing the icon from your home screen, and replacing it.

As mentioned I uninstalled and rebooted. Not a big deal but thought it was a little strange. It did bug me that it booted another app right off the home screen (had to put it back on from the app drawer).

You mean like this? I've noticed this on my phone recently.. Every time I download an app, the icon size is extremely small until I remove it from my home screen and replace it.

Example: I just downloaded some games from the AC homepage to try. "Dots" is extremely small

Huh, no not like that. Just that the icons are not all the exact same size now. Would never think it anything was odd by looking at it except I could swear they were all the exact same size before.

Last edited:

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I despise the play store placing icons on my launcher after downloading. In the store settings deselect the option for auto add widgets. Not necessarily a fix for your question, just a suggestion

-Moto X-

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I despise the play store placing icons on my launcher after downloading. In the store settings deselect the option for auto add widgets. Not necessarily a fix for your question, just a suggestion
Yeah, do one factory reset or change roms(GNex) and have a bunch of apps get downloaded at once and you learn real fast to turn that off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie