What I think of the Moto X so far.

bwillard92

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
(This is a follow up to my thread in the Moto G forum, Moto G or Moto X?)

I had a helluva time deciding between a Moto X or Moto G but the moto maker customization swayed me to choose a Moto X. I ordered a 32GB Moto X with an orange back, black front and blue accents. It finally arrived today and it just feels awesome in my hand and the screen is the perfect size. I stacked my iPhone 5c on top of it and they are the exact same size so basically Apple could make a bigger iPhone if they didn't waste so much space on the bezel. It also feels lighter than my iPhone and according to phonearena it is 4.59oz compared to 4.66oz for the 5c.

Android is a whole new experience for me but it seems that it is easy to learn how to use. The only thing that seems weird for me is having an actual back button and I miss having a physical button like the iPhone but I plan to give android a fair chance. The biggest thing I like is that swype keyboard is standard in the default keyboard. I remember with the Android phone I used years ago that ran on 2.3 Gingerbread I had to download swype to use it. I guess that's it for now. But I will try to post my thoughts about the Moto X and Android once a day or every few days.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
(This is a follow up to my thread in the Moto G forum, Moto G or Moto X?)

I had a helluva time deciding between a Moto X or Moto G but the moto maker customization swayed me to choose a Moto X. I ordered a 32GB Moto X with an orange back, black front and blue accents. It finally arrived today and it just feels awesome in my hand and the screen is the perfect size. I stacked my iPhone 5c on top of it and they are the exact same size so basically Apple could make a bigger iPhone if they didn't waste so much space on the bezel. It also feels lighter than my iPhone and according to phonearena it is 4.59oz compared to 4.66oz for the 5c.

Android is a whole new experience for me but it seems that it is easy to learn how to use. The only thing that seems weird for me is having an actual back button and I miss having a physical button like the iPhone but I plan to give android a fair chance. The biggest thing I like is that swype keyboard is standard in the default keyboard. I remember with the Android phone I used years ago that ran on 2.3 Gingerbread I had to download swype to use it. I guess that's it for now. But I will try to post my thoughts about the Moto X and Android once a day or every few days.

Welcome to the forums and Android. Many people here have shifted to an X from the iPhone. I have an X and I love it!!!

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
For what its worth, I prefer the actual Swype app to the swiping capability in the default Android keyboard - I find it is more accurate for my style of swyping :)

bwillard92

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Day 2 with my new moto x and it is awesome to use. I was very concerned before I bought it how well it would work with a Mac book but after downloading android file transfer it works basically like a flash drive when connected by USB.

The first thing I did today was transfer my music to the moto x music folder and spent awhile looking on the internet for a music player similar to the iPhone music app. I tried amazon mp3, Poweramp, playerpro and missing. Playerpro turned out to be the best. I bought it for $3.95 but I don't mind because it seems like a worthwhile purchase.

I also messed around with installing. apk files. I installed File manager from the play store and then dragged and dropped Google now launcher and flappy bird onto the moto x. I then opened for manager and installed both.

I had read that the moto x is near stock android but I have to say I like the Google now launcher so much better. Makes it look like a nexus 5 now.

My thought of the day on android and the moto x is it is so much fun to customize and play with.

bwillard92

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I haven't gotten around to updating in a while so I will just say my new phone habits.

I had originally tried doubletwist for music but found it easier just to use android file transfer and click and drag the songs over. I have been using Amazon MP3 to play my music and to buy new songs. Then when I go on my MacBook I just download the new songs to iTunes from amazon cloud player.

I had originally just wanted the moto x as a WiFi device but have since switched the sim from my iPhone 5c to it. I still prefer the iPhone camera though and will keep the iPhone for that.

I have also been using the Google now launcher and I absolutely love it. I also got the launcher 8 launcher and can make my phone look like a windows phone 8. Seems neat the two days I used it.

So basically I love this phone and you couldn't pry it out of my hands. After less than 2 weeks owning a moto x I have converted for the most part to android for my mobile phone use.