Create a wifi hotspot using Moto X on AT&T?

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm moving from a GNex on Verizon to a Moto X on AT&T. I've used SVTP to create a wifi hotspot from my phone, without any hassles from Verizon. Does the Moto X on AT&T offer this same functionality? Which app works best? Since I'll be a new AT&T customer, I'll be signing up for one of their new MobileShare plans.

Or does 4.4 prevent this completely?

Thank you!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If your allowed and/or paying for it tethering on KK is native to the Moto X already. If your trying to rip off AT&T by getting something for nothing then your going to need root I think plus a 3rd party app. I am on T-Mo with my Moto X and I pay for the tethering data package and it works great without any additional apps.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Mobile Share plans have tethering included in the plan so it will have it built in. The only people that can't tether are those on the old types of plans(unlimited ones mainly) that existed before the share plans.

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
@JoeNM84 I checked with AT&T after your message and you're absolutely right - the MobileShare plans have tethering/mobile hotspot capability built into them. Which is fantastic.

@PiggyMiddle and @zedorda Yes it is eminently possible that data rates on Verizon were spoilt because I (or for that matter, others like me) used our devices for tethering/hotspots using the same data amounts we were already paying for, when we really should have paid Verizon $30 plus taxes additionally a month. Of course when Verizon found out, instead of bumping our bills up or booting us out, they must've decided that the only solution was spoiling rates for everyone. Genius. And all this was of course before they owned up to (as many would argue) violating FCC's open access rules which state that they cannot stop any of their users from using apps that create wifi hotspots on their devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci