Moto X: Best low cost car mount?

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am looking for a car mount that will give me up/down and left/right adjustment, at least 20-degrees or so.

Some I have seen look like a chicken carcase strapped to a phone-carrier and then glued to the car.

Looking for something whit a little grace and style but not costing as much as the car.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am looking for a car mount that will give me up/down and left/right adjustment, at least 20-degrees or so.

Some I have seen look like a chicken carcase strapped to a phone-carrier and then glued to the car.

Looking for something whit a little grace and style but not costing as much as the car.

Suggestions?

Thanks
I got this one and love it! Even comes with an NFC tag to start iBolt Dock 'N Drive program. I don't know what your idea of low cost is but this one is $39.95 and well worth it as far as I'm concerned:

Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Connect Kit: Cell Phones & Accessories

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Suggestions?

Thanks

I have this one. Works for anything you can fit in it. Phones, GPS, radar detector..... I love RAM products. They are always over built & work excellent.

I use this on my motorcycle too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0055...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3511571

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have this one. Works for anything you can fit in it. Phones, GPS, radar detector..... I love RAM products. They are always over built & work excellent.

I use this on my motorcycle too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0055...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3511619

+1 for the RAM mount. I used one on my motorcycle also. Very sturdy. Very adjustable. Pretty sleek for a universal fit too.

Posted via Android Central App

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have one as well and love it. Great build quality, unobtrusive design and super simple to use. It also doubles as a kickstand.
I might look into one of these for my wife's car. Her windshield is not shaped too well for the dock that I have and mentioned above.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The thing I like about the RAM mount I posted above is it works for any phone with or without any case. So just because you get a different phone or case you don't have to get a different car dock. It also works in portrait or landscape orientation.

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Looks like it would cover the headphone jack.

You mean you don't have one these? They automatically Pair when in range, no plugs needed.

Plus, you could always rotate the holder through 180-deg. I never bother to charge when in the truck as the X has such good battery life I only need to charge it overnight on the bed side-table.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
You mean you don't have one these? They automatically Pair when in range, no plugs needed.

Plus, you could always rotate the holder through 180-deg. I never bother to charge when in the truck as the X has such good battery life I only need to charge it overnight on the bed side-table.

When you use navigation a lot like I do, sometimes you need to charge during the day. Plus, I prefer the direct connection of the headphone jack for the audio quality.

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X