Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola Fastboot For Linux?

Does anyone know where to find Motorola Fastboot for Linux? It doesn't seem to be included with the factory images. Regular fastboot won't work it keeps failing on /system flash.

Default Re: Motorola Fastboot For Linux?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2431956

That might be of some use to you. Not a huge linux user. Most of my servers run it, but I have never used fastboot on them.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No, that would be for regular fastboot, but I'm looking for Motorola Fastboot. And it also looks pretty sketchy since adb, fastboot, and/or android-tools are already in the repos for most distros.
    Thanked by:

Good call. I might have it on my computer at home from when I flashed my Moto Atrix 4G. If I find it, I will post a link.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok, I ended up bumping into someone who had them over on Google Plus.
    Last edited by dually; 03-15-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: bad info
    Thanked by:

Good deal. I just got home and I did find it. If you still need moto-fastboot or know someone that does, send me a PM. I have a Dropbox link for it.

Try the mfastboot_4.4 here, for windows, mac and linux: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...JGOURzMkU#list

Also you need to set the file as executable otherwise you'll get permission denied.
    Last edited by someguy01234; 03-16-2014 at 06:57 AM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks, @grenefroggie and @someguy01234, phone all better now. I'm still not sure where to "officially" get the files, but oh well it all worked out.