Unable to send pics. I take with Moto X to email addresses

Holly Nichols

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I am a newbie with this phone. I used the camera to take pictures and tried to send them to THREE different email accounts. There are a total of 9 that have been sitting in my "Outbox" all day. The pictures aren't too big so I'm not sure what is wrong?????? I have checked my settings and tried sending them from the picture gallery and also from the email. I am NOT using google mail, using YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT. I am thinking that shouldn't matter and I am simply overlooking something? Could it be due to some of the google email settings I have "off" since I do not use that email account: Google photos, Google+, Gmail, and Chrome? They are all "off" in my settings and not synced. Thanks in advance.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unable to send pics. I take with Moto X to email addresses................

Off the top of my head, I would say your problem lies with Yahoo mail. If they are still in your out box, that usually indicates a connection issue.
Do you have an email account with a different host you could try?

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Might be the APN settings, who is your carrier?
Though I think that is only for messages...worth a shot anyway.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I've never used Yahoo mail, so I'm not sure if this could be an issue, but is there a setting in the app that says only send things like pics or attachments via WiFi?

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X

Holly Nichols

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

My carrier is Verizon and they don't have an office here locally. Grrrrrr.

Holly Nichols

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

I've never used Yahoo mail, so I'm not sure if this could be an issue, but is there a setting in the app that says only send things like pics or attachments via WiFi?

Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X
Yes it does say that. Being as naive as I am, I have tried it with the box checked for sending via WI Fi and with it unchecked.

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Are you using the stock email client, or something else?

Holly Nichols

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site

I have made a step forward, but still confused......I am using yahoo mail. Moto X is a google phone and requires a gmail account which I already had prior to getting the phone. Yahoo is my primary and I never use google's gmail account. However, I have determined if I go into my gmail account and attach the picture from my phone there, it will send it via email. Makes no sense to me since the gmail account is basically disabled. Also, VERY difficult for me to connect to my gmail account. This stuff is driving me crazy and making my former basic phone look pretty darn good----had no problems attaching pic to email and sending to myself with it!

kim28211

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site

I am having the same issue. From my old phone I used to send pics that I had taken with my phone thru gmail so I could save them on my ipad. I'm sure there is probably a better method but this was easy and worked for me. Now, when I try to send, either from my gmail or from the gallery, they just sit in the outbox saying 'sending'. Help!

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I just tested my phone, and it worked smoothly. I am using quick pic and k9 mail (which I like for other reasons.)

I snapped a photo, then swiped left to "go to gallery". That opened the photo in quick pic. From there, I tapped the "send" button, and it asked me what so I wanted to use, showing a long list of apps. I selected k9, Adee an address and hit "send". Email arrived seconds later with my photo.

Kay Patterson

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

I'm having the same problem, sending both from aol and gmail. Occasionally one comes through, but not regularly. So not using google isn't the problem. Solutions anyone? Once they are in the gallery, I don't see any way to get them to the quick pic and K9 option. Seems like it really should be easier than that. I'm often in a situation where I need to take multiple pix before I can process them for a newsletter I write.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Similar issue here. I tried sending a pic last night with the stock text app and it would just hang up saying "sending" and never send it. Very annoying. Any ideas??