Moto x 'OK google now' feature only searches google

Takeo Mori

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
My moto x can pick up my voice when I say ' OK Google now', but most voice commands like set alarm for ... or 'help me' leads to a google search only.

I have turned on all access options for google now and google now is enabled.

I have no idea how to fix this problem. I've had Moto X for a while now (since November 2013) and had the problem from the beginning.

Please help with any suggestions.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry maybe your phone just don't like you. Mine has worked fine from the start and I hope you get it fixed. Sorry I can't offer more.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I think part of it is that Touchless Control is, in most cases, more of an "activator" for the built-in Google voice search, which requires a connection to Google to decipher the command. It DOES have some of its own commands that don't require a Google connection.

larsp

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problems with "OK google". I noticed that "call" worked, and so did "open chrome" but "open play music" and "listen to some music" only searched. I then changed language on the phone from Danish to English, and suddenly all "ok google" commands seems to work. Maybe "play some music" tries to open "Play Music" but in Danish it is "Play Musik" and maybe android can't find it.

android_app

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I never had active listening set. But I'm having trouble using Google now when saying OK google,. Seems like the app doesn't recognize the command. Any others with the same issue?

Posted via Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Can you change setting (like brightness for example) with voice commands? I tried briefly today and no dice. .

I think that will just give you a link to open the display settings. At least if you say "Ok Google now" >"change brightness" > thats what occurs

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I think that will just give you a link to open the display settings. At least if you say "Ok Google now" >"change brightness" > thats what occurs

this is correct. If you say okay Google now change brightness it will bring up the link to get to settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21