Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By zedorda
  • 1 Post By larsp
  • 1 Post By davidnc
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Moto x 'OK google now' feature only searches google

My moto x can pick up my voice when I say ' OK Google now', but most voice commands like set alarm for ... or 'help me' leads to a google search only.

I have turned on all access options for google now and google now is enabled.

I have no idea how to fix this problem. I've had Moto X for a while now (since November 2013) and had the problem from the beginning.

Please help with any suggestions.

Default Re: Moto x 'OK google now' feature only searches google

Sorry maybe your phone just don't like you. Mine has worked fine from the start and I hope you get it fixed. Sorry I can't offer more.
    Thanked by:
    Ry likes this.

Mine seems to work randomly. If you find a fix please share!

Posted via Android Central App

a little practice bro and a good internet connection would help. Mike works just fine.

I think part of it is that Touchless Control is, in most cases, more of an "activator" for the built-in Google voice search, which requires a connection to Google to decipher the command. It DOES have some of its own commands that don't require a Google connection.

Can you change setting (like brightness for example) with voice commands? I tried briefly today and no dice. .

I had the same problems with "OK google". I noticed that "call" worked, and so did "open chrome" but "open play music" and "listen to some music" only searched. I then changed language on the phone from Danish to English, and suddenly all "ok google" commands seems to work. Maybe "play some music" tries to open "Play Music" but in Danish it is "Play Musik" and maybe android can't find it.
    phonejunky likes this.

I never had active listening set. But I'm having trouble using Google now when saying OK google,. Seems like the app doesn't recognize the command. Any others with the same issue?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    7,710 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by tmann202 View Post
    Can you change setting (like brightness for example) with voice commands? I tried briefly today and no dice. .
    I think that will just give you a link to open the display settings. At least if you say "Ok Google now" >"change brightness" > thats what occurs
    phonejunky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    I think that will just give you a link to open the display settings. At least if you say "Ok Google now" >"change brightness" > thats what occurs
    this is correct. If you say okay Google now change brightness it will bring up the link to get to settings.