Moto X: Potential Buyer

shanedroid1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
VZW has contacted me with the option of upgrading by 3/31 using their new edge feature without any sort of penalty or extra charge. I currently have an HTCOne that I enjoy but the screen is cracked and I enjoy new things lol.

I am looking at the X, the LG G2 or the S4 I really like the no-touch feature and the active notifications on the X.

What I'd like to know from an owner is at this point to you feel it is too late in the game to jump to an X or is this a phone that has the potential to be a long term user. I guess what am asking is is do you find yourself wishing you could get out of the MotoX for another phone or do you still feel confident in the X now?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Potential Buyer

VZW has contacted me with the option of upgrading by 3/31 using their new edge feature without any sort of penalty or extra charge. I currently have an HTCOne that I enjoy but the screen is cracked and I enjoy new things lol.

I am looking at the X, the LG G2 or the S4 I really like the no-touch feature and the active notifications on the X.

What I'd like to know from an owner is at this point to you feel it is too late in the game to jump to an X or is this a phone that has the potential to be a long term user. I guess what am asking is is do you find yourself wishing you could get out of the MotoX for another phone or do you still feel confident in the X now?

Thanks in advance.

I had my Moto X since Sept.I haven't any regrets in purchasing it. :)
I really like the touch less control features and active notifications as well.
I don't feel its too late to buy the Moto X.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

I don't regret my Moto X purchase decision at all. I bought mine back when they had the Cyber Monday sale in early December. I've never cared for Samsung's Touch Wiz UI and I was interested in the LG G2, because of it's display and battery but after playing with it in the store, I felt their UI was way too overboard as well. I'm very happy with the Moto X's near stock Android OS with several unique and useful tweaks and so far, they've been very fast with rolling out Android OS updates.

I also considered the Motorola Droid Maxx for the larger battery and screen size, but ultimately decided I actually liked the smaller size of the Moto X for it's pocketability and think it's size hits the sweet spot. After using it for over 3 months now, battery life hasn't been an issue for me at all either.

The only thing that might make me wait right now is that the Moto X successor is supposedly going to be coming sometime this summer, but as usual with smartphones, you just need to decide when to jump in and I think I'll still be happy with my Moto X for at least another couple of years.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

How much per month are they charging with Edge for the Moto X? Might want to double check their math and compare it to if you bought it from Motorola directly. To me Edge is just like using a credit card, except you are possibly overpaying to Verizon for the phone. Unless you are getting a nice bump in data cap for using Edge as well, do they still do that?

Edit: Nevermind, I see it is the same price right now at Verizon and at Motorola. If you have a .edu email you can still get a better deal at Motorola though.

shanedroid1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

How much of a better deal sorry I'm at work using tapatalk or I'd look myself lol!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

How much of a better deal sorry I'm at work using tapatalk or I'd look myself lol!
"Introducing the College Collection
Customize your Moto X with your college colors and a case featuring the school logo.*

Here’s something worth cheering about—students and educators can get a no-contract Moto X starting at $339 with a valid .edu email address."

Edit: Looks like you can get a chromecast for free with purchase by adding it to your cart and using the promo code STREAM

freakyhair

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

"Here’s something worth cheering about—students and educators can get a no-contract Moto X starting at $339 with a valid .edu email address."
Edit: Looks like you can get a chromecast for free with purchase by adding it to your cart and using the promo code STREAM

Just an FYI, you can't use the EDU deal and still get a free chromecast. I just tried it, and it would only let me use one or the other.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site

Just an FYI, you can't use the EDU deal and still get a free chromecast. I just tried it, and it would only let me use one or the other.

Ah, that sucks. Oh well, if you really want the chromecast the 60 dollar savings more than covers the cost.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

I bought mine during the $300 sale about 6 weeks ago, when my GS3 started giving me problems and it has been an upgrade over that in every way. I really like this phone and have no regrets, I also looked at getting a Nexus 5 and LG G2 but wanted better battery life than N5 offers and wasn't entirely sure about the G2 build quality and feel, not to mention their skin. I'd recommend staying away from a GS4 for the main reason of build quality (although it might be better than GS3 that I had). It might feel great at first but over time it just doesn't stand up very well. The Moto X felt, and still does, more solid than my GS3 ever did and has already stood up pretty well to a couple of drops. Also the near stock interface is worlds better than Touchwiz (although I've been using a ROM on my GS3 for a while). Why not use that upgrade on a new HTC one/M8?

EDIT: Also how important is the camera to you. The moto x camera is pretty crappy in anything less than good light. It's almost useless compared to the cameras on the other two phones you've listed.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

New S5 isn't out yet so it's still the best Android phone to buy.

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Just got my X a little over a week ago, love it......no regrets. The active notifications are awesome and touch less is convenient when driving.

Jadien

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
So, my wife is considering jumping from a iPhone 4s to the X. She loves the screen and feels that it would be a good fit. How does that bright colorful screen look now for you earlier adopters?

Posted via Android Central App

fixerdude

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Coming from the Nexus 5 & Z10, I have nothing but praises for the Moto X. I like the form factor, Active Display, build quality (no rattling parts like the N5)...I can keep going but you should try it for yourself.

Edit: Get the 32Gb version if you can.

Last edited:

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Went from galaxy s3 to moto x and don't regret it one bit. Love the moto x and everything about it.

I did the same thing just over a week ago and don't regret it either. I fact, I changed the color on my original custom order and it didn't cost me anything since I did the swap within 14 days.

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Battery life, touchless control and active notifications are the headliners, but the Motomaker customization seals the deal. Just don't hide it under a case!

TJH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance