Delay For Time To Appear After Turning off Screen

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
This may be minor but it bugs me. After turning off the screen using the power button, it often takes a while for the time to come up even if moving the phone around or tapping it. The time it takes also seems inconsistent. A lot of times I will try to show people how the time comes up as soon as you move it, and it is annoying to have to wait, sometimes up to to around 20 seconds. I am trying it over and over right now, once in a while the time comes right up if I drop it down (from an inch high), often it takes quite a while, especially if I am holding it. I know I could just hit the power button again to see the time, but I am wondering if this delay normal. Note that this is only right after turning off the screen - once the time comes up the first time, it is fine after that.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine works flawlessly from powered down. I hit the power button to turn the screen off, holding the phone like it is flat on a table I move it like I would picking it up, angling the top towards me and it kicks on every time.

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Mine works flawlessly from powered down. I hit the power button to turn the screen off, holding the phone like it is flat on a table I move it like I would picking it up, angling the top towards me and it kicks on every time.

Huh, tried that and sometimes it works right away if I flip it up quickly. But if I move it more slowly, it doesn't, and then still doesn't if I do it quickly, and I'll keep shaking it and it still doesn't come up for a few seconds (or the camera comes on). Weird.

Every time I see a glitch like this I am worried that it is because I dropped it the second day I had it, and before I had the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa