Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Issues With Screen During Speakerphone Call

I was on a call on speaker the other day and wanted to check something on the net. The screen was black, so I touched it but it did not come back on. I ended up shaking the phone to get the camera on, then got to the home screen from there (that was the second time - the first time I accidentally hung up by pushing the power button). Another time the screen flashed on and off a couple of times instead of coming on.

Has anyone else noticed this? Should the screen come on when you touch it during a speaker call?

Default Re: Issues With Screen During Speakerphone Call

I usually tap the volume key or power key to get the screen back

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I called a number where I knew I would be on hold for a while to try this again and now the screen is not going black. Maybe it is not supposed to do that and now it is acting correctly? (Rebooted earlier today.)
    Last edited by tmann202; 03-18-2014 at 06:19 PM.

The flashing happened to me today. I was on the phone with my husband and needed to check something on another screen. I pushed the home button and it it was flashing, kinda like if a TV was plugged into the wall and the plug was falling out. I'm really hoping it won't happen again.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by ttfn92 View Post
    The flashing happened to me today. I was on the phone with my husband and needed to check something on another screen. I pushed the home button and it it was flashing, kinda like if a TV was plugged into the wall and the plug was falling out. I'm really hoping it won't happen again.

Glad to know it wasn't just mine at least. If you were not on speaker, one guess is that the proximity sensor is a little flaky.

Probably a good idea to reboot after anything strange happens. It is a small computer after all.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Happened again yesterday. At least now I know to just shake it to get to the phone through the camera, but it doesn't seem like that would have been the intended design.