X sometimes forgets wifi password

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that my X sometimes forgets my wifi passwords and I have to re-enter them. Currently on ATT version 4.2. Has anyone else had this issue?

Kent_Lew

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Same problem is happening on my Moto X. Since about 1 week my phone keeps forgetting my home wifi password. I tried resetting / repowering phone + modem, no luck. Don't understand how / where to "forget" the wifi connection either. Appreciate if anyone has tips.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Same problem is happening on my Moto X. Since about 1 week my phone keeps forgetting my home wifi password. I tried resetting / repowering phone + modem, no luck. Don't understand how / where to "forget" the wifi connection either. Appreciate if anyone has tips.
Go to Settings - Wifi (tap on wifi, not the toggle on/off) - then you'll see a list of wifi networks your phone remembered. Long press your home network, and you'll see the option to forget the network.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that my X sometimes forgets my wifi passwords and I have to re-enter them. Currently on ATT version 4.2. Has anyone else had this issue?
I'm also on AT&T 4.4.2. I haven't had the issue. Not sure where to start. Maybe, do you have any apps installed that manages your wifi? Perhaps some automation like Tasker? I don't know enough to suggest anything more.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Daniel Mills3

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
My Moto X also forgets passwords. I went away for two day Thanksgiving and when I got home my home password is gone, and all my other passwords are also forgotten. I've noticed that I always have to reenter passwords when I go to home of family. My home network has a unique name and complex password, ditto with others. Things I did in those two days included logging on to a La Quinta motel, and allowing my phone to shut down on weak battery. Nothing else to speak of. What's up?

chriscapitolo

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Same here, my wife's phone keeps forgetting wifi passwords too. She has to re-enter them every time we go anywhere that she's been before and connected to wifi. This only started happening lately. Also Moto X 2nd gen on AT&T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig