Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: SMS alert while on call

I want to stick with the stock sms app but cannot figure out how to set it so it gives me an alert while I'm on a call. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Moto x SMS alert while on call

Having a sound go off in your ear is rather annoying when on a phone call. My s3 did this and it pissed me off.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by 4runnerbrett View Post
    Having a sound go off in your ear is rather annoying when on a phone call. My s3 did this and it pissed me off.

Posted via Android Central App
    Every phone that I have had up to this point has alerted me while in a call. Some vibrated and some made a small beep, I would like either one on the moto x. I have had text go unanswered because I was busy while talking on the phone and never checked when I hung up. A simple beep or vibration would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by motor51 View Post
    Every phone that I have had up to this point has alerted me while in a call. Some vibrated and some made a small beep, I would like either one on the moto x. I have had text go unanswered because I was busy while talking on the phone and never checked when I hung up. A simple beep or vibration would be nice.

This happened to me yesterday. Now I know to check. My last phone had alerts during call that cut off the other person and I found it annoying. I would prefer a normal alert right after you hang up. That would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by motor51 View Post
    Agreed, that's one of the few things I miss from the Blackberry Pearl I had years ago.
    Current Device: Moto X VZW
    Previous: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Before Android: Palm Pre, Blackberry Curve, Blackberry Pearl, iPhone (Original), Sidekick XL
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by tmann202 View Post
    This happened to me yesterday. Now I know to check. My last phone had alerts during call that cut off the other person and I found it annoying. I would prefer a normal alert right after you hang up. That would be perfect.
    Exactly. Now someone smarter than me make an app for that ,lol