Moto X: Active Display

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
AT&T 4.4......So my phone will vibrate but no active notification shows up??? Hmmm, I figured it tho as it's vibrating when I get an email to my yahoo mail app.

Why is it only vibrating but providing me with the notification via active display? And yes in active display settings I have the yahoo app checked....

Thanks

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Maybe rebooting the phone will help? I would also try clearing the data from Active Display as well. If not, maybe uninstalling updates and then reinstalling them could solve the issue.

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
When you say clear out data you mean unselect all then go back and re select right? I did that, nothing.......

Reboot, what exactly do you mean by this?

How do you l uninstall updates? I've seen where I can uninstall "active display"

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I meant go to Settings-->Apps-->Active Display and clear the data on the app but looking at it now on my phone, you can't clear the data (you can clear cache, that might work too) but there is an option to uninstall updates in that same menu. Afterwards, you can just update it again in the play store.

I meant to turn the phone off and back on. I was having the same problem with Hangouts and simply turning the phone off and on solved the issue and it hasn't popped up again since.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
...but looking at it now on my phone, you can't clear the data (you can clear cache, that might work too) but there is an option to uninstall updates in that same menu. Afterwards, you can just update it again in the play store.

Any time I've uninstalled an update to a system app, the data for the app is also cleared.

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Problem fixed, it had to do with yahoo mail settings. Needed to check the box to display notifications in the status bar......

Thanks for all the help!