Moto X: Customizers Remorse?

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Lately I have been feeling like I played it to safe when customizing my Moto X. (Black front Navy blur back and silver accents) Is there anyone else who feels the same way and wishes they had gotten a more unique color combination?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Customizers Remorse?

Lately I have been feeling like I played it to safe when customizing my Moto X. (Black front Navy blur back and silver accents) Is there anyone else who feels the same way and wishes they had gotten a more unique color combination?

Well, honestly, after I fully customize my Moto X and it was shipped to me I'm glad with the design elements, and design colors I went with plus the memory size hard drive space of 32 gigs vs 16 gigs for pictures, videos, and tons of apps is a nice nice things plus my phone Android master for the insignia on the boot up screen and the back of my phone casing which is nice as well

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I didn't play it safe. Dark purple with a black front and orange accents. My wife thought I was crazy getting purple. My only regret is that the orange backs were not available when I ordered my X.

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site

What I wanted was black phone, walnut back with orange accents..... What I got was stock all black, why you say? Let me tell you.....

I wanted OUT OF SPRINT immediately and didn't want to wait another minute, I've been counting down the days till my contract was up, didn't waste a minute.

Very happy with my choice, no regrets!!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I think that color combination is great. What color(s) would you have chosen instead of that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

I think that color combination is great. What color(s) would you have chosen instead of that?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Something a little more standoutish, maybe the royal blue or red for the back and different accent colors

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Completely happy with my choice of a black phone with ebony back 32GB. Unlocked bye bye ATT hello T Mobile edition

binaryhermit

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I got a black front/ebony back/blue accents. I kinda wish I had bought a plastic version, but not enough to actually do the switch (Still technically in the 14 day window, I think).

Brad Burgess

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

I had a sweet custom moto x and i did too order the 32 gig, till i figured out that the developer edition was exactly the same but not custom but i can unlock the boot loader with ease so my friend, as you were like i was, happy, but i returned the custom moto x cuz who wants to buy a phone that has my name on the back and on boot up and not to mention very hard to unlock and or root. but hey to each his own i guess.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

I had a sweet custom moto x and i did too order the 32 gig, till i figured out that the developer edition was exactly the same but not custom but i can unlock the boot loader with ease so my friend, as you were like i was, happy, but i returned the custom moto x cuz who wants to buy a phone that has my name on the back and on boot up and not to mention very hard to unlock and or root. but hey to each his own i guess.

For me, didn't give me the option for the developer edition but that's fine because it's pretty much unlocked anyways and I'm so so happy with Google Wallet App. on my phone, you know I got to say with kit Kat 4.2 .2 software on our phones the phone runs extremely fast and it barely ever freezes at all so awesome

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I like the little things I personalized on mine and I'm glad it's not garish and still looks professional. I was happy with my stock black one, but when I bought the second one (my wife opted for plain black) I had the NothingIsTrue edition created.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

My first Moto X was from Republic Wireless and I got the White which came with the woven white back. I thought the back would be textured with the weave pattern but its just an image. After returning that one I picked a MotoMaker version with a Blooding Othello chip design Black front, Chalk back, and red accents. I just wish they had a piano white back with a nice gloss.

Nice part is if you have any problems with your choices they sell the backs aftermarket and I think the accents also.

tekaytalks

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Not really. I did almost exactly what I wanted. Though I didn't get one of the clear cases, so you can't see the back anyway, but that's okay because the case that I bought is the same color (or nearly) as the back. I've never had a white phone before, so this is very cool. Basically all whites and purples.

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

I just did a custom 32GB with a white front, hunter green back and yellow accents for the college I graduated from. Did you have problems returning it? I understand your point about selling it. I'm hoping this will be something I actually keep or I can give it to my son who has the same name and graduated from the same college. Lol.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I just did a custom 32GB with a white front, hunter green back and yellow accents for the college I graduated from. Did you have problems returning it? I understand your point about selling it. I'm hoping this will be something I actually keep or I can give it to my son who has the same name and graduated from the same college. Lol.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
You can return the phone within the first 14 days. They also sent me a pre-paid FedEx label to return my original phone with. I exchanged mine for different colors. I am not planning on selling it. When I upgrade my X I'll most likely keep it as a spare in case something happens with the phone I replace it with.

alhadee12

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

You can return the phone within the first 14 days. They also sent me a pre-paid FedEx label to return my original phone with. I exchanged mine for different colors. I am not planning on selling it. When I upgrade my X I'll most likely keep it as a spare in case something happens with the phone I replace it with.

Thanks for the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk