Moto X: Should I upgrade to 4.4.2 from 4.2.2?

dannykavs

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay guys and girls, I just picked up a BNIB Moto X and it was never updated to KitKat.

I've clearly been following moto x forums for a little while and have noticed that people have been having high Android OS usage which has been causing some battery drain.

It has me SCARED. I value good battery life in a phone. My question to you all is this.....if you were in my shoes, would you hold off on upgrading from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2?

Last edited by a moderator:

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Should I upgrade to 4.4.2 from 4.2.2?

Okay guys are girls, I just picked up a BNIB Moto X and it was never updated to KitKat.

I've clearly been following moto x forums for a little while and have noticed that people have been having high Android OS usage which has been causing some battery drain.

It has me SCARED. I value good battery life in a phone. My question to you all is this.....if you were in my shoes, would you hold off on upgrading from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2?

I would. I have no problems with battery life on my X. I think those with issues are a vocal minority.

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site

if battery life is very important, take no risk and stay on 4.2.2
i upgraded to 4.4 and had battery issues, i than flashed ecplise rom 3.1.2, battery is good now. keep in mind that if you upgrade to 4.4.2, there is now way back, on 4.4 there is, thats why im on it.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm on 4.4.2 and my battery life is at least as good as it was on 4.4...I'm amazed every day by the battery life of this phone. I used to basically leave my S3 on the charger almost all day because it died so quickly. I rarely have to put this phone back on the charger once I remove it in the morning.

portablealpha

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

+1

I have had 4.4.2 for a few days and I haven't noticed any adverse change in battery life (or the priority of the battery-using items listed in the Battery settings app).

dannykavs

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Just gonna chime in again. Came home hammered last night and decided to update the software to KitKat haha.

So far today I've been hammering messages out all day and the battery has been holding up just fine. No complaints as of yet and this is only my second day with the device. I'm assuming the battery will settle even more by the end of the week.

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Just gonna chime in again. Came home hammered last night and decided to update the software to KitKat haha.

So far today I've been hammering messages out all day and the battery has been holding up just fine. No complaints as of yet and this is only my second day with the device. I'm assuming the battery will settle even more by the end of the week.

Did you update by side loading the 4.4.2 update,, or are you rooted

Sent from my Moto X

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I didn't want to upgrade but was forced too, I liked jelly bean better with the colors and all. My battery is still good but it does seem like I I used to get better battery life through out the day. The only good thing kitkat brought was the new dialer which is awesome

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app