Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Reconfirmed-Moto X is best phone of the year

Quote Originally Posted by vzwuser76 View Post
    I haven't been on Engadget's site for a year or two, but when I did go there, they didn't have the time of day for anything but the iPhone. Apparently that's changed because before there wasn't an iPhone that got below a 9 rating, and there wasn't an Android phone that got a 9 rating (going by their rating scale).

Regardless, all of these sites have their own biases, no matter how impartial they try to be. The reason being is the reporting is done by humans, and we have a tendency to be biased now matter how hard we try. Doesn't matter if the site is OS specific or covers everything, sometimes it's the entire staff, sometimes each writer has their own bias apart from each other. And it isn't limited to the mobile industry, look at Consumer Reports. It's a safe bet that domestic cars will do poorly, and foreign cars will excel.

What I do is find review sites that have rated stuff I already have, and see if they come to the same conclusions as I do. That way I know that I'll probably have the same experience. It's really the only way make accurate use of their reviews, it should be in line with what you want, not what everyone else thinks, because you're going to be the one dealing with it.
    And Consumer Reports most definitely loves all things Apple: iPad, iPhone, iWhatever they make - Consumer Reports rates Apple products at the top.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,337 Global Posts

Must be bias because they don't like the phone you have.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by sharkita View Post
    And Consumer Reports most definitely loves all things Apple: iPad, iPhone, iWhatever they make - Consumer Reports rates Apple products at the top.
    I wouldn't say that is a bias. Many of the tech sites rank the iPhone near the top with each new model. I believe it is because for what it does, it does very well. It is still the best smartphone in a lot of areas. I'm not saying that it is definitively the best, but for mainstream things, it has the best performance. When you consider things like raw power, screen sizes and resolution, and customization it falls well short. But app quantity and quality, performance, design, ease of use, ecosystem, accessories, customer support, and compatibility with other devices, the iPhone tops all.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkita View Post
    You obviously have no idea what you're talking about regarding CR. The iPhone is the 9th from the top in their most recent list. Granted they listed 3 different versions of the S4 on the top but the iPhone is the 9th one down. So yes, what you said SOUNDED good but it was completely false. And just for the record they even list the Galaxy SII above the iPhone 5s. So please back up your statements with facts.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12