Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ry
  • 1 Post By Snake Griffin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What will it take for you to switch?

I bought the Moto X off contract back in December. My upgrade is now available through Verizon. The All New HTC One comes out tomorrow, and I have been thinking is this the phone that would make me switch from my X. I have always wanted the front facing speakers and it has a micro SD slot. It will take a lot for me to switch. Have you guys seen anything coming from other company's that will make you want to switch from the X?

Default Re: What will it take for you to switch?

No.

Hell no. This is the best smartphone I have ever owned.

I was also thinking about upcoming HTC One. As much as I like most of the aspects of my Moto X - its camera still sux (even after latest official 4.4.2 update) compared to many other models I've tried. Many people still can't notice that fact because they either don't know any better (they haven't used flagship devices by other companies) or they have uncalibrated displays on their PCs/laptops. I'd also like to have proper stereo speakers - the mono speaker in MotoX is decent but it obviously cannot provide any separation when playing stereo sources and still sounds "overworked" when playing at loud volumes (yea, yea, I can use headphones or Bluetooth speaker BUT I can't always carry them everywhere).

The only things I find weak on the Moto is lack of wireless charging, and Bluetooth (and BT is more an Android shortcoming than a Motorola one).

Coming from iPhones, I never thought I'd grow to love a plastic phone, but the solid feel and grip of my woven black backed X has changed my mind. Size, shape, and feel are just wonderful. While the One (and iPhone) are beautiful, they're not as practical in day to day use if you go caseless. And putting a case on these things is like driving your Lotus with a car cover on it.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by John Doe40 View Post
    I was also thinking about upcoming HTC One. As much as I like most of the aspects of my Moto X - its camera still sux (even after latest official 4.4.2 update) compared to many other models I've tried. Many people still can't notice that fact because they either don't know any better (they haven't used flagship devices by other companies) or they have uncalibrated displays on their PCs/laptops. I'd also like to have proper stereo speakers - the mono speaker in MotoX is decent but it obviously cannot provide any separation when playing stereo sources and still sounds "overworked" when playing at loud volumes (yea, yea, I can use headphones or Bluetooth speaker BUT I can't always carry them everywhere).
    That's the exact same thing with me. I love the phone but the camera still isn't where it should be. I always hear people say it's a smartphone not a camera. Its the only camera I have so it needs to be able to take good shots. The New One while it won't have the best camera on the market it will still probably end up being much better than the X's

Quote Originally Posted by kansasandroid1 View Post
    I bought the Moto X off contract back in December. My upgrade is now available through Verizon. The All New HTC One comes out tomorrow, and I have been thinking is this the phone that would make me switch from my X. I have always wanted the front facing speakers and it has a micro SD slot. It will take a lot for me to switch. Have you guys seen anything coming from other company's that will make you want to switch from the X?
    So far I haven't.

I like the looks of the new HTC, and the fact that it has an SD card slot.
    Based on my own past experience, I prefer the call quality of Motorola vs. HTC. I actually like the backside speaker on the X--putting ones in front will make the size more cumbersome, and my audio quality demands can only be met using earphones anyway. Sense 6.0 may not be to everyone's liking, and I know the HTC's purported aluminum slipperiness (sans case) would mean that I'd be dropping the thing on occasion.
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,093 Global Posts

I don't want nor need a phone larger than the Moto X.

I will wait on reviews by places like Anandtech. My next phone must have something like F2FS in the current Moto X and Moto G. AnandTech | Moto X Review

The Moto X uses F2FS on user data partitions, which has tremendous impacts not only on performance but device behavior over time.
    I've been using my Moto X for six months and it shows no signs of slowing down like other Android phones have.
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Postoid likes this.

No b/c ill never own another carrier locked phone again.
    The "infraction"

Global Posts
    3,735 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

For me to switch from my current setup of iPhone 5 and Moto X the iPhone 6 and Moto X2 must be for sale. In addition they must have screens smaller than 5", all these new phones are too big for me.

I'm switching to a Moto X when mine arrives. Hopefully next week.

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Best phone I've ever owned!

Posted via Android Central App

What will it take?

A Moto X with a better camera and even more battery life. Otherwise I think I'll keep this one for a while.
    ETPhoneHomeT likes this.

But when you update the m8 to kitkat it will useless the micro SD slot

Sent from my Moto x, my weapon of choice!

I haven't seen anything yet that would make me switch. I love my Moto X. It would be nice to have stereo speakers, but then the phone would probably be larger and I wouldn't want that. It fits my hand perfectly. I will say that the new HTC Dots case intrigues me though. I like the idea of protection for screen while still being able to see data and use phone. Simple but effective solution. Can't believe no one thought of it before.

If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!

Hell no. Been there with the larger screen phones. Not doing that again.

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Nothing yet. I bought mine start of this year. Plan to keep it at least 1 year even though eligible to upgrade in May.

"Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Griffin View Post
    What will it take?

A Moto X with a better camera and even more battery life. Otherwise I think I'll keep this one for a while.
    Same here. Outside of these 2 items (and actually for me, they're acceptable in their present form), there really isn't anything else the Moto X is lacking. Unless Moto develops additional innovations like X8, Active Display, Touchless Control, Quick Capture, etc. that I don't know that I want yet.

Fairly easy, a phone that run CyanogenMod or stock Android, has unlockable bootloader, and with better hardware than a Nexus (ie. camera, battery life). The reason I didn't buy the Oppo Find 7 because its gigantic, so I'm looking at the OnePlus One. HTC One M8 Google Play edition doesn't qualify, it still have goofy things like S-On, and doesn't work like a real Nexus, and overpriced.

Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.2

I've only had my Moto X for a week now and I absolutely love it. The battery life is amazing and it does everything that I need it to do. The other day it was down to 38% battery and the usage time was at 1 day and 4 hours. It really would have to take a lot for me to switch. Probably the Moto X2 or something similar in design.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Motorola Moto X.

www.twitter.com/tweed7 <----FOLLOW ME!

Only way I'll switch my moto x is if the moto x 2 or 3 comes out. Although, that moto 360 looks sweet as well

I'm guessing the only phone I'd ever switch to would be an updated X. One of the best features of the X is the physical size and ergonomics and nobody else is even close. Find me another phone as good as the X with a 4.7" screen and dimensions even close to it. It doesn't exist. Everyone else builds their "mini" phones with crappy specs, 4.3" screens, and are still bigger than the X...