Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kelly Burby
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is typing possible in messaging app through 'speech to text' without internet, on Moto X?

Hey guys. My brother has a Nexus 5. He can type in the messaging app by voice without using keypad. This feature is available even without internet connectivity on Nexus 5. Can anyone who owns Moto X, please tell if it has this voice typing feature without internet? Your help will be much appreciated.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Is typing possible in messaging app through 'speech to text' without internet, on Moto X?

Yes you could do that try install the swiftkeyboard app available in the play store that should do the trick, I can say it is one of the most accurate to.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Is typing possible in messaging app through 'speech to text' without internet, on Moto X?

Thank you Kelly. But I am more interested to know if i can do it without swiftkey? Using native keyboard on Moto X without Internet.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

I am sure you can do that by pressing the mic button on the keyboard, it is on the extreme left .
    minddocravi likes this.

Go into keyboard settings and enable speech input and then go into speech input settings and select the language you would like to download offline

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by minddocravi View Post
    This feature is available even without internet connectivity on Nexus 5.
    Ummm, how does he know that it is not accessing the Internet? It is highly unlikely that it is not validating the text and gathering the correct spelling on the phone. As far as I am aware, all S2T in mobiles is validated OTA. Unless your brother has turned off the cell-radio, (free app) not just the Internet, but the radio, it is still checking home first.