Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hangouts for SMS and Motorola Connect

Question for those of you that use Hangouts for your SMS and also use the Motorola Connect Chrome extension - when you read a text message on your desktop, does that clear the notification on your phone? When I use the stock messaging app for SMS and read a new text on my desktop the notification is instantly cleared on my phone, but if I use Hangouts for SMS and read a new text on my desktop, the notification on my phone remains. Just wondering if that's how it's supposed to be or if my situation is unique.

Global Posts
    378 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

Default Re: Hangouts for SMS and Motorola Connect

I use EvolveSMS and it's the same for me. When I read a message in Chrome, the notification stays active on my phone. I would guess that it only clears with the stock messaging app.
    Thanked by:

I just tried it both ways and can confirm that when using Hangouts the message does not show as read if it was read using Connect. I didn't realize until this thread that it did show as read when using SMS. Now I'm thinking of going back to SMS instead of Hangouts.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the replies, guys. That's what I suspected so I guess I'll stick with the stock messaging app since having unread notifications is one of my biggest pet peeves...

Maybe Moto will update Connect? Hopefully they do. Everything else "seems" to work fine with Hangouts. I may just stick with Hangouts since I do the majority of my texting on the phone itself.

Would be nice in Connect supported MMS too. Really like that feature, being able to reply to texts from my PC browser.

Posted via Android Central App