Hangouts for SMS and Motorola Connect

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Question for those of you that use Hangouts for your SMS and also use the Motorola Connect Chrome extension - when you read a text message on your desktop, does that clear the notification on your phone? When I use the stock messaging app for SMS and read a new text on my desktop the notification is instantly cleared on my phone, but if I use Hangouts for SMS and read a new text on my desktop, the notification on my phone remains. Just wondering if that's how it's supposed to be or if my situation is unique.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I use EvolveSMS and it's the same for me. When I read a message in Chrome, the notification stays active on my phone. I would guess that it only clears with the stock messaging app.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it both ways and can confirm that when using Hangouts the message does not show as read if it was read using Connect. I didn't realize until this thread that it did show as read when using SMS. Now I'm thinking of going back to SMS instead of Hangouts.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, guys. That's what I suspected so I guess I'll stick with the stock messaging app since having unread notifications is one of my biggest pet peeves...

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Moto will update Connect? Hopefully they do. Everything else "seems" to work fine with Hangouts. I may just stick with Hangouts since I do the majority of my texting on the phone itself.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang