Moto X: Battery issues

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So my screen time is only about a hour and a half. Something is killing my battery. Should I do a factory reset and see of that solve my problem? I use to get 2-3 hours of screen time.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Re: battery

Try uninstalling some of the more recent apps that you've installed. Might do the trick.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Deleted some apps but wakelocks like crazy still, I listen to some music would that cause it?

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

No. I wondering if that is what's keeping my phone from deep sleep. The kernal seems to not be going into it.

KyonCoraeL

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
What is your signal strength like? I set my Moto x to use 3g only because LTE signal is significantly lower to a point where my 3G is nearly as fast but with 4 bars instead of 2. It may help.

appmy

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I started having a battery issue on March 28th. I think it was related to a Chrome update.

I cleared the Chrome cache and rebooted the phone. So far, so good.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
What is your signal strength like? I set my Moto x to use 3g only because LTE signal is significantly lower to a point where my 3G is nearly as fast but with 4 bars instead of 2. It may help.

How do you set it for 3G only

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
The Songza app was updated and keeps the phone awake. Are you using that for music?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

roces9

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not the OP, but I'm having substantial wakelock problems (sounds like the OP's problem) over the last few days on my Moto X AT&T 4.4.2. Last week I cleared my cache with no noticeable difference. Apparently, something called "Power Managers Services" is waking up my kernal a lot. Can you guys help me decipher a few battery stat screen shots that make little sense to me?

Wakelock Detectors stats from last week

power manager services wakelock.png

100% - 56% overnight last night and the GSam wakelock stats from the same night

overnight.png

appsucker.png

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Try restarting your phone? I restart my phone every time I take it off the charger(Once a day in the morning before work) and it stops mysterious Android OS battery drain for me. Maybe this is a separate problem but I haven't seen any screenshots of the battery usage stats for the apps/services.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How long is you battery lasting, total? My last charge "only" got 2 hours screen on time but lasted nearly 28 hours on the charge.

Music will drain your battery faster for sure, as will listing to podcasts.

Download an app called "System Panel" and let it run. It will help you identify what all is going on that is using battery.

I can use my device the same way two day in a row, one day on wifi and the other day off and the difference in battery life is pretty noticeable. There are a lot of variables.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe ive missed this but even when I have wifi turned off I still have the blue bar showing wifi time on in the battery settings. my gsam battery monitor shows that the wifi is off and has not been used. I just cant figure out for the life of me why the blue bar is still there?

roces9

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
How long is you battery lasting, total?

When I first got the phone, I averaged around 17h with moderate use- I listen to a lot of podcasts and audio books. 6 months later I notice it running 11-12 with the same kind of use. The noticeable difference is the idle battery drain and the wakelocks. I'll try restarting the phone more, but I already do that when I notice the juice going down rapidly.

Download an app called "System Panel" and let it run. It will help you identify what all is going on that is using battery.

I'll try that now.

roces9

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
I followed the guide and tweaked some of my settings, like turning off NFC and AT&T Wifi Hotspot. Hopefully this will help too

anthony1117

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The stats from mine are literally the exact same as roces9. I did a factory reset hoping that it would clear up the issue but is still seems to have not. Also i turn my phone off every night when i charge it so it gets shut down frequently. I still have no idea why it is doing this, and it's idle drain is whats killing me. I do not really know how to read battery stats so i am kinda confused on whats what right now.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe ive missed this but even when I have wifi turned off I still have the blue bar showing wifi time on in the battery settings. my gsam battery monitor shows that the wifi is off and has not been used. I just cant figure out for the life of me why the blue bar is still there?
I don't believe stats are reset until you recharge the phone completely. At least that's the way it was when I had my S3. So...IF you used wifi at all before recharging your phone the usage will still show up.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site

If you go to Wifi - Advanced, there is an option called "Scanning Always Available" in which Google location uses Wifi even if it's turned off. If it's checked, your battery stats will show a solid continuous blue bar of Wifi usage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad