Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Default Crack/Hole above power button.

Anyone else have a crack form on the back portion of the side, above the power button?Crack/Hole above power button.-motox-cracked2.jpg

I'm going to call Motorola when I get off work and hopefully get a warranty replacement. Anyone have experience with this? My phone has never been dropped. I noticed it on my break a couple hours ago, at first it was a small crack, then 15 minutes later I looked at it and it was a hole. I doubt my tiny hands are pushing the power button too hard.

ROM
    Vicious JB V3/ Franco

Default Re: Crack/Hole above power button.

My Moto X is about six months old and no crack.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Got online with Motorola support chat and got a replacement code. I don't even have to send the phone in until I receive my new one. I was expecting some hoops to jump through. Now do I switch up my colors? :P

Definitely do not have a crack there or near there.

Global Posts
    3,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Sitting on the couch just kind of playing my Moto X in my hands I just noticed two cracks similar to the OP's photo. One is near the SIM card slot and the other about 2 inches down from the volume rocker.

I just noticed yesterday that I have two cracks on the side of my back cover. One on the lower corner of the power button and one on the lower corner of the volume rocker. The crack by the power button extends maybe 1-2mm into the weave on the back cover (white phone). I have dropped the phone a few times and there are impact marks on the upper right corner of the phone. I'm guessing that's what caused it. Doesn't seem to be cause for alarm, I guess I can always swap the rear cover out in the future.

I've also got 2 cracks on the bottom side of the unit. It's had a soft TPU case on it since new & never dropped.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crack/Hole above power button.-20140501_180746.jpg  
    Last edited by jmettee; 05-01-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Global Posts
    3,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

So what was two cracks is now multiple cracks. I have not dropped my Moto X either. Cracks are appearing on both sides. See photos. I called Motorola today and they are sending me a replacement.

Crack/Hole above power button.-img_2410.jpgCrack/Hole above power button.-img_2418.jpg

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Mine developed the same kind of cracks, but on the other side - around the SIM card tray. Motorola is sending me a replacement as well.

Global Posts
    3,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

Mine were on both sides. My replacement is already on the truck for delivery, guess I'm going home on lunch break today. At least Motorola support seems on top of this issue.