Moto X Camera Stuck on Front View

TechRaider05

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Moto X for 3 months now and starting yesterday any time I open the camera app it is stuck on the front view. There is no option in the lower left to switch to the back camera and all options except HDR are unavailable.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how to fix without getting a new phone?

Thanks for any help.

TechRaider05

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I just uninstalled and tried with the stock version and had the same issue. I then reinstalled and it's still not using the back camera. I'm restarted multiple times and have tried going into the camera through the app, instagram, facebook, and hangouts. It's like the phone doesn't recognize it had a back camera, which makes me wonder if it is a hardware issue. Might have to RMA my phone. First issue I've had with it.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I just uninstalled and tried with the stock version and had the same issue. I then reinstalled and it's still not using the back camera. I'm restarted multiple times and have tried going into the camera through the app, instagram, facebook, and hangouts. It's like the phone doesn't recognize it had a back camera, which makes me wonder if it is a hardware issue. Might have to RMA my phone. First issue I've had with it.

Yeah sounds like maybe a connection issue with it. Should exchange it no problem.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact same issue and Motorola ended up giving me a new phone. Their customer service is the worst I have ever seen. As much as I like the Moto X, I am hesitant to ever get another Motorola phone again. I was without phone for 3 weeks during the repair process and they thought nothing of it.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same issue and Motorola ended up giving me a new phone. Their customer service is the worst I have ever seen. As much as I like the Moto X, I am hesitant to ever get another Motorola phone again. I was without phone for 3 weeks during the repair process and they thought nothing of it.

I just ordered my replacement motomaker phone yesterday with no problems. It took 10-15 minutes on their online chat, and my problem was a simple crack above my power button that formed from normal use(shouldn't do that only after 4 months and no drops). They emailed me a replacement code within an hour and I ordered it last night, I just send back the bad one when I receive the new one. Simple, painless, and not the nightmare I was expecting from reading complaints on here in the past.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol