benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I didn't get any numeric badge notifications. I may look for a tutorial and try again since I paid for it....

I had that problem originally with prime. You need to download the Tesla unread plugin from goggle play to get it working

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I had that problem originally with prime. You need to download the Tesla unread plugin from goggle play to get it working

I did download that also. This is likely a user error so take my whining with a massive grain of salt.

Ccota08

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I did download that also. This is likely a user error so take my whining with a massive grain of salt.

If numeric badges are important enough to you, as they are to me, I would suggest buying Missed It!(it's $1.31 if I remember correctly) and using that with Nova Prime for unread counts. It supports way more apps than Tesla Unread and is more reliable.

megatomic

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
If numeric badges are important enough to you, as they are to me, I would suggest buying Missed It!(it's $1.31 if I remember correctly) and using that with Nova Prime for unread counts. It supports way more apps than Tesla Unread and is more reliable.
I'll check that out, thanks for the suggestion.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I currently use the stock launcher which I'm perfectly fine with... Plus I absolutely love the stock Google experience on Verizon.. In my defense, I have used launchers before. Including Nova, and a couple of others...

Posted via Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
See now, the only thing with launcher that I always worry about work past Android devices is that they use the current running ram I always made my device is slower has anyone else experienced that on the Moto X at all? I'm still fine with the stick system just curious.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
See now, the only thing with launcher that I always worry about work past Android devices is that they use the current running ram I always made my device is slower has anyone else experienced that on the Moto X at all? I'm still fine with the stick system just curious.

I haven't noticed a slow down.As mentioned already in this thread I use Nova(Prime version)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I mean the only reason I asked about a long trip, it is only for the fact of custom icons and icon pack online I really don't care and I can deal with the stock icon lock anyways

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I use Nova Prime. But I use only to get rid of homescreens (I only need 3), change the folder colour settings and increase the icon size. I use it basically to tweak my phone to look more Google Experience Like.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah like I said, the only reason I would use a large fry at all as for custom icon pack The Sun even that important to me my phone is customized in other ways NFL on the Google now launcher if you have a Google now wherever you want to launch it from on the phone. Isn't that what touchless controls is for? Lol

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I am currently using the latest version of the Google now launcher. I had to side load it, but it was worth the extra work. I have found no other launcher that works better for me.

Bill Hong

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
After trying the contextual launchers since my last post on this thread (Aviate, Everything Me), I've gone back to a "static" launcher. The reason is the contextual ones were much more of resource hogs (RAM, battery), and the added features weren't enough benefit to my taste. Have tried most of the "big name" ones, but I have settled on Smart Launcher 2 Pro. Like having my home icons in a circle arrangement for one-thumb access, and like being able to choose both apps and widgets on the same icon (with a double-tap option). I think there are others that have this feature nowadays, but I like the lightweight effect of SM2P on the X.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You know, whenever I have tried out a third party launcher in the past on my android devices, there a customizable but they use a lot of resource memory that we can use for other activities and they are battery hog I've noticed my battery to the decrease off the two times faster with the largest all the plane Jane stock Android is good enough for me and it's where my battery is at as well

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Cool , I still love the stock system just works well for me.

Yeah the stock launcher has its plusses. It all comes down to your taste in UI and how important google now is to you.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the stock launcher has its plusses. It all comes down to your taste in UI and how important google now is to you.

Oh no trust me I got you Google now is extremely important to me and I know that it does so with the Google now launcher but I have Google now as my widget cards anyways I just don't see an advantage to running out launcher I love the stock launcher anyways