Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DonB
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Trouble using Bank Of America App with my Moto X

I've noticed that every time I try to make a deposit with the camera feature within the app on my Moto X I get an error message saying the photo is too dark and can't process. I've done this in extreme light settings just to make sure the check is well lit and I still get the issue. I use my wifes Droid Razr M and have NO issues. Anyone else having this problem with their X. I'm just trying to figure out if its related to the phone or a bad app.

p.s ive deleted the app and reinstalled with no luck.

Global Posts
    20,976 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Trouble using Bank Of America App with my Moto X

I would say it is an app issue. They may have the brightness requirements set too high or something. Try emailing the developer and telling them the issue.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Read this thread, I have not tried since, but you can let us know if it resolves your issue, http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...eck-image.html
    JoeNM84 likes this.

i saw that previous thread, and also tried taking a wider pic, but it still failed. never had this problem with my ipad or galaxy s3...

Quote Originally Posted by randomdude View Post
    i saw that previous thread, and also tried taking a wider pic, but it still failed. never had this problem with my ipad or galaxy s3...
    I think it is the Moto X camera issue, not the app as other have got it to work with the Moto X, maybe those that have got it to work on the Moto X can explain better. I have to use my Note II to do deposits, or the wife's N7

My Moto X hasn't had a problem depositing checks through the Wells Fargo app or the San Diego County Credit Union app under either 4.4 or 4.4.2.

I sent the Dev an email. lets see if they respond, will report back if they do.

Here is their response, lol

Hi Don,

I’m sorry for the issue you are experiencing when attempt to deposit.**Our Mobile Team is aware of the issue and is looking into the issue.* They will provide a new app when they’re sure the issue is fixed.*

If you have any other questions, please let me know.**Thanks for using our app; please watch for future releases.

Sent from my Moto X

Pretty sure they changed the camera api in Kitkat and terrible apps such as Boa and most other banks who do ****ty ports of iOS apps haven't been updated.

Posted via Android Central App