Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Moto Skip

    I am really enjoying my new moto x. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet, and I can tell this phone is better than the SGS4 in every way.

    I ordered my phone one day before the free moto skip deal. I was thinking about getting one from amazon prime, but I was wondering is anyone who has it can give me an opinion on how well it works. Do all of them come with the dots? I would want to put one on Wed my tool box at work if possible.

    Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,745 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,781 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto Skip

    Quote Originally Posted by benhaube View Post
    I am really enjoying my new moto x. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet, and I can tell this phone is better than the SGS4 in every way.

    I ordered my phone one day before the free moto skip deal. I was thinking about getting one from amazon prime, but I was wondering is anyone who has it can give me an opinion on how well it works. Do all of them come with the dots? I would want to put one on Wed my tool box at work if possible.

    Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Skip comes with three Skip Dots.

    Difference between the Skip and Dots? With the Skip, the screen can be off. With the dots, the screen should be on before unlocking. They've worked well for me.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    dmark44 likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Moto Skip

    I got a Skip with my Moto X when accessories were 30% off and it works as advertised. Having it come with the 3 extra NFC stickers (Skip dots) is a nice bonus.
  4. #4  
    JoeNM84's Avatar

    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto Skip

    When and where do you actually use these? They have always intrigued me but I don't see much use for them for myself. Part of me still wants it though.
  5. #5  
    MHBlink8's Avatar

    Posts
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

    Default Re: Moto Skip

    Quote Originally Posted by benhaube View Post
    I am really enjoying my new moto x. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet, and I can tell this phone is better than the SGS4 in every way.

    I ordered my phone one day before the free moto skip deal. I was thinking about getting one from amazon prime, but I was wondering is anyone who has it can give me an opinion on how well it works. Do all of them come with the dots? I would want to put one on Wed my tool box at work if possible.

    Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    They work great, but you can't put a Skip dot on anything metal. If you do, it won't work. I wanted to put one on the palm rest of my laptop, but it didn't work because it's metal. Other than that, they work great.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Moto Skip

    Quote Originally Posted by MHBlink8 View Post
    They work great, but you can't put a Skip dot on anything metal. If you do, it won't work. I wanted to put one on the palm rest of my laptop, but it didn't work because it's metal. Other than that, they work great.
    Oh that's good to know! I had no idea that NFC didn't play nice with metal. On top of metal at least. I am going to go ahead and order the skip. It will be good to have a lock on my phone. I never have just because I don't like having to re enter the code or pattern all day.

    Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #7  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    8,745 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,781 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto Skip

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    When and where do you actually use these? They have always intrigued me but I don't see much use for them for myself. Part of me still wants it though.
    I used the Skip attached to the belt loop on my jeans.

    Skip Dots are on my work notebook and on the center console storage area in the car.
    Android Central Moderator

    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Moto Skip

    Can Skip Dots be programmed like other NFC tags, or is their only purpose to unlock the phone?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Moto Skip

    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    Can Skip Dots be programmed like other NFC tags, or is their only purpose to unlock the phone?
    No, I tried. Ended up buying a pack of tags on Amazon and they've been fun to use.


    Sent from my Moto X
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Moto Skip

    Quote Originally Posted by dmark44 View Post
    No, I tried. Ended up buying a pack of tags on Amazon and they've been fun to use.


    Sent from my Moto X
    Good to know. Are there any on Amazon that you would recommend?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Moto Skip

    I like the WhizTags. You get 10 tags plus a Keychain Tag (which I like and keep in the car.)

    The Moto X is compatible with the NTAG203 Tags which have 137 bytes of memory and the Topaz 512 Tags which have 512 bytes.

    I got the Topaz, I really only needed the extra memory for one tag so far, but it's nice to have the space available. Turning in bluetooth is a 4 byte command but opening my CardioTrainer app and automatically starting a countdown used 79 bytes.

    Both sets are 13.99 right now, so might as well get more memory!

    Sent from my Moto X

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One (M8): Bluetooth streaming skipping beats.
    By mchockeyvette27 in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 12-04-2014, 04:56 PM
  2. My Moto G is overheating and draining battery while at it
    By Kalyan Venkatesh in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2014, 03:41 AM
  3. India - Don't we get data cable with Moto G?
    By Praveen Kumar Jayaram in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 03:03 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 01:44 AM
  5. Calls Extremely Silent On Moto G GPe
    By SPS828 in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 12:33 AM

Posting Permissions