Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Ron Wolpa
  • 1 Post By VDub2174
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  • 2 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By PapaGary
  • 1 Post By purwater
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: How to create playlists to play music in the order i choose

the question should be what exactly to install to allow me to create playlists and to play music in the order i choose.
    It looks like most of the players iīve found cannot do this.
    With tunewiki , which came originally with xt 389 , i cannot establish the music order i wish.
    Any suggestion ? Thanks

motorola xt 389
    android version 2.3.6
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-11-2014 at 11:45 PM.
    Jinger4 likes this.

Default Re: How to create playlists to play music in the order i choose

So you're just trying to create a playlist?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    So you're just trying to create a playlist?
    He also wants to manually control the order the songs play in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    He also wants to manually control the order the songs play in.
    I guess the part that confuses me is that I'm not sure if he's talking about a regular music player or something that streams songs like Pandora.

Quote Originally Posted by VDub2174 View Post
    I guess the part that confuses me is that I'm not sure if he's talking about a regular music player or something that streams songs like Pandora.
    This.

When I create playlist on Google Music they will play in the order I put the song in. The only time they don't is if I put that playlist on shuffle.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

LETīS MAKE IT CLEAR FOR YOU FOLKS :
    I`VE UPLOADED FOLDERS CONTAINING MP3 FILES TO THE FOLDER MEDIA > AUDIO INTO THE STORAGE.
    IN THE FOLDERS THERE ARE .MP3 FILES THAT BELONG TO CDS ALBUMS OR EVEN VYNIL ALBUMS CONVERTED IN MP3. SO THAT I WOULD LIKE CREATE
    PLAYLISTS TO PLAY SUCH "ALBUMS" IN THE ORIGINAL ORDER EXACTLY AS I AM USED TO HEAR THEM.

..... I'm not sure if he's talking about a regular music player >>> THATīS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED A REGULAR MEDIA PLAYER, I DONīT WANT TO SHARE ANYTHING OR DEPEND UPON SERVER RESOURCES.THANKS

Global Posts
    21,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

I read you post before, and I was curious about if you meant a media player as well. Since the question was already asked I didn't post. Now that it is cleared up, have you looked at PowerAmp?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    VDub2174 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Wolpa View Post
    I`VE UPLOADED FOLDERS CONTAINING MP3 FILES TO THE FOLDER MEDIA > AUDIO INTO THE STORAGE.
    IN THE FOLDERS THERE ARE .MP3 FILES THAT BELONG TO CDS ALBUMS OR EVEN VYNIL ALBUMS CONVERTED IN MP3. SO THAT I WOULD LIKE CREATE
    PLAYLISTS TO PLAY SUCH "ALBUMS" IN THE ORIGINAL ORDER EXACTLY AS I AM USED TO HEAR THEM.

..... I'm not sure if he's talking about a regular music player >>> THATīS EXACTLY WHAT I NEED A REGULAR MEDIA PLAYER, I DONīT WANT TO SHARE ANYTHING OR DEPEND UPON SERVER RESOURCES.THANKS
    Mod Note : Please calm down. People here are trying to help you, no need to post in a hostile manner.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by 5:
    VDub2174 likes this.

No reason to get angry with us ... you honestly did not give us all the details so we weren't sure if it was your music, music on a site, etc.

As Golf said try PowerAmp. Either that or correct the metadata of your files so they show in the proper order (way more time consuming). When I used to collect music I always had it done by Artist - Album - Song Name. That way when I ordered things it would have all the artists in alphabetical order .. then it groups all the album .. then song names... but that worked for me personally.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by 2:
    VDub2174 and Golfdriver97 like this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Angry ? lol , but I am not angry with anyone here. why should I be ? people are trying to help me.
    I installed poweramp (a trial version ) I turned this player upside down and found that it only opens files individually.
    THere is not any option to create playlists.
    Thanks for answering and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Angry ? lol , but I am not angry with anyone here. why should I be ? people are trying to help me.
    Typing in all uppercase is considered shouting.
    Thanked by:
    VDub2174 likes this.

A lot of music players don't have a top-level menu command for creating Playlists.

The way you do it in PowerAmp is to long press a song or album that you want to add and options should pop up including "Add to Playlist."

That will bring up a list of Playlists including an option to "Create Playlist."

Sent from my Moto X
    Thanked by:

the question should be what exactly to install to allow me to create playlists and to play music in the order i choose.
    It looks like most of the players iīve found cannot do this.
    With tunewiki , which came originally with xt 389 , i cannot establish the music order i wish.
    Any suggestion ? Thanks

motorola xt 389
    android version 2.3.6
    Are you mainly trying to create Playlists that are just one album played in order?

I would think it would be easier to put your collection on the computer and use Windows Media Player, iTunes, Winamp or Media Monkey to organize your files. Putting in album and artist should allow them to do a look up and fill in the rest of the data including Track #.

Sent from my Moto X

I installed poweramp (a trial version ) I turned this player upside down and found that it only opens files individually.
    THere is not any option to create playlists.
    Thanks for answering and sorry for the misunderstanding.
    There is an option to create a playlist. You just need to put the songs in the order that you wanna hear them. I have PowerAmp and created a playlist.

So with some players you can't just click on an album (or folder that contains an album) and play the album???

I use Neutron and use folder browsing (each album in it's own folder), and to play an album/folder you just click on the album/folder and there is a button to play the whole album/folder, in order.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I'm using Double Twist and so far I'm liking it OK. I like how easy it is to rearrange a playlist or album play order. Just drag it up or down to put them in the order you like once inside the playlist or album that's loaded. I'm sure others do it as well.
    Moto X
    iPhone 5S
    dmark44 likes this.

Consider using an MP3 tagging app like iTag to add track numbers to each file.

In any app on a new phone, a long press gives you a list of options.

If all fails, add 01 to the name of the first song, 02 to the second song, and so on. Then sort the list by names.