Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using the Moto X without a case

Hello all,

I am wondering if any of you use your X without a case. I do have a case for it but it looks so much nicer without.

Any opinions?

Sorry if this has been asked before, please point me to it if it has been.

Thanks much
    Last edited by charlyee; 04-11-2014 at 09:28 PM.
    The SmartPhone Parade (2006-Now)

QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820 > iPhone 5> Motorola Moto X>iPhone 5s

Default Re: Using the Moto X without a case

No case since August. I think it feels wonderful

-Eclipsed Moto X-
    Thanked by 2:
    nhohn2 likes this.

I would like to, but I tend to drop my phone twice a month. Any model I have gets the Otterbox insurance policy.
    Thanked by:

I've never had a case on mine, and love the feel of it (fits perfectly in my hand).

My wife didn't have one for the first two weeks, then dropped it on an asphalt parking lot and chipped / dented in a corner of the glass. She's had a case since then that's part transparent and part translucent, so she can still see the personalized colors.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

I don't use a case on mine, but ALWAYS use a screen protector.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I don't use a case on mine... but I have dropped it twice. The first time just a small crack. The second time more cracks. I went and had the screen replaced and now I use a bumper.
    Thanked by:

No case. I never saw the point of buying a nice phone and then covering it up. People are also so interested about the thinness of their phones, or the size of their phones in other dimensions, but then they slap a case on it and practically double its volume. It makes no sense to me. (Just to make things interesting, I also never get the insurance from my service provider.)
    Thanked by:
    skotsour and trail_n_mx_rider like this.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

No case here. I have dropped it several time over the 6 months I have had it and just have a couple scuffs on the bevel.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for all the replies, and glad to see so many not using a case. I used to use a case only on the job site or while traveling until I got the iPhone 5. It looked so fragile.

I am going to try not using a case with this, it feels and looks so good without.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

QTEK 9100 > Samsung Blackjack > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > BB 9700 > Xperia X10 > Motorola Atrix > HTC Vivid > Lumia 900 > Lumia 820 > iPhone 5> Motorola Moto X>iPhone 5s

I only use a case at "high risk" times such as attending festivals, sporting events, camping, etc. Otherwise, I prefer it without a case.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jtg11 View Post
    No case here. I have dropped it several time over the 6 months I have had it and just have a couple scuffs on the bevel.
    This. I got it last Thanksgiving, and have never used a case except when I was messing around with trying to set up a wireless charging thing that I ultimately gave up on. I like the way it feels in my hand, and it fits nicely in my pockets.

I guess I've mostly only dropped it onto carpet. No scuffs, no cracks. Quite happy to keep it caseless.
    Thanked by:

Had mine since November. No case or screen protector. Just love the feel of the phone and it's still in great shape.

Thanked by:

Mine is as naked as the day it was born. Love it. I'm extra careful with it so it still looks great.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

I have a cheap clear hard plastic case from MiniSuit. Works great for what it does, especially for the price.

But constant removal of the case to clean the debris that accumulates causes slight "damage" to the soft back plate. My corners are slightly chewed up. Other than that. Works great

Thanked by:

I've tried a few cases for a short time but have ended up with no case. I like the phone better without the case. I did drop the phone once onto some bricks, landed on on the rear left corner with no damage other than a slight scuff mark.
    Thanked by:

I want to get a bumper case but for now I have no case.
    Thanked by:

Just have a clear bumper case so I can show off the wood back

Thanked by:

My moto x only has a screen protector; when out of the house I use a leather pouch.

I'm also looking to buy some headphones with built-in audio control so I can play/pause/skip music without having to remove the phone out of my pocket & pouch.
    Thanked by:

No case here. I just got the phone this week and just love the way it feels. The back feels like velvet. This is the first phone I've had that I felt comfortable with it being naked.

Thanked by:

Have had mine since Christmas and been going naked ever since. Mainly because I was waiting for the case I want to go on sale. Luckily no drops or scratches yet. Still looks new.

If I wanted limits on what I could do with a device, I would have an iPhone!
    Thanked by:
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Well my X has been case less for almost 24 hours. I am still not quite comfortable and holding it in a death grip. Lol

It feels wonderful in my hands and love how slim it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    Well my X has been case less for almost 24 hours. I am still not quite comfortable and holding it in a death grip. Lol

It feels wonderful in my hands and love how slim it is now.

What case were you using?

I have a case I use when I think there may be risk.... Like at the gym. Otherwise, she's naked.

Qmadix case.

Thanked by:

A naked phone is always the best experience but dressing it is a solid investment.
    Thanked by:
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by hirshey21 View Post
    What case were you using?

I have a case I use when I think there may be risk.... Like at the gym. Otherwise, she's naked.

Qmadix case.

Hi there I was using the Bear Motion Slimline case. The picture is from the web.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

I got the Griffin Reveal case. Slim bumper and a clear back. Unfortunately it has gone from clear to frost finish since it is all scratched up.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast