Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X: How is the battery life??

I am planning to buy one. can someone lemme know how is the battery life?? Battery is my only concern in this masterpiece.....

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-13-2014 at 04:08 PM.

Default Re: How is the battery life??

Battery life is stellar.

Light use I get 2+ days.
    Heavy use I get 1 full day.

Excellent.

Ayan Majumdar likes this.

Default Re: Moto X: How is the battery life??

I always make it from the time that I unplug it (6 AM) to the time I go to bed (11:30PM-12AM depending on the day). Usually when I plug it in I have 20% battery left. For me I'm used to plugging in every night so as long as the phone lasts all day it is fine with me. Motorola was able to get great battery life from this phone despite the always listening feature and active display breathing. It's really a big feat I think.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Battery life is stellar.

Light use I get 2+ days.
    Ditto

For me it hasn't been great. I must be a heavy user because at the end of a normal day this thing is gasping for breath (5%) at 6pm. My Note 2 would last a day and a half with similar usage.

No complaints here, I get a full day no worries. I don't have to worry about having a charger with me at work or in my car for that matter.

The only thing I noticed that kills the battery is extended use of GPS, although I don't use it much but was just on vacation and was using daily and noticed battery depleting quickly but still made it through the day....

Quote Originally Posted by Ironzey View Post
    For me it hasn't been great. I must be a heavy user because at the end of a normal day this thing is gasping for breath (5%) at 6pm. My Note 2 would last a day and a half with similar usage.
    Same for me. I'm either a heavy user or my connections at work are not so good. I returned my Moto X because I could not make from 6am to 6pm without needing to go on the charger (better when I didn't go to the office). I didn't want to have to charge the phone every afternoon if I was going out in the evening (or turn everything off). Bought a Maxx and have been very happy with its battery life. I never bother turning off wifi/gps/bluetooth and even on the worst days, I go to bed with 40% battery left.

Quote Originally Posted by yscty View Post
    No complaints here, I get a full day no worries. I don't have to worry about having a charger with me at work or in my car for that matter.

The only thing I noticed that kills the battery is extended use of GPS, although I don't use it much but was just on vacation and was using daily and noticed battery depleting quickly but still made it through the day....
    Yeah I'm not gonna lie my average battery usage under normal usage is a good 10 to 12 hours, heavy usage 9 hours, very light usage I get about 18 hours of juice

Quote Originally Posted by yscty View Post

Since I use Google maps GPS for my new position I just acquired at work GPS ing in the morning and afternoon but as a rule for myself by default in the car whenever I'm using Google Maps I'm always on my car charger regardless.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Still in lurch... not everyone is of the same opinion..... m happy with d +ve opinions but worried bout -ve one's. ... it wud b bizarre if I buy one and don't get back up for at least a day.... plz help I wanna change my current possession for the very same reason as I have to charge it every 7 hrs or so...

ROM
    Stock Rooted, ChevyNO1

I think the main thing that will determine your battery life is signal. The majority of the time I am in weak cell coverage(less than 3 bars) and wifi on data off I get maybe 15 hours max with 2-3 hours sot. On days where I am in good coverage, battery life is significantly better. So, even though, it is nice to ask others about battery life, YMMV.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Battery life is stellar.

Light use I get 2+ days.
    Thats great... but some folks here doesn't seem to b happy with d battery performance (not even bed to bed time)...... wat cud b d possible reason

Quote Originally Posted by hobojoe196061 View Post
    I think the main thing that will determine your battery life is signal. The majority of the time I am in weak cell coverage(less than 3 bars) and wifi on data off I get maybe 15 hours max with 2-3 hours sot. On days where I am in good coverage, battery life is significantly better. So, even though, it is nice to ask others about battery life, YMMV.

Yes, signal and how much usage your phone will receive.

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts

I've had crappy signal for half of today and after 15 hours I have 27% left with nearly 2 hours screen on time. Works for me.

That's with about 40 minutes of Ingress running too, FWIW

Had a 10% drop in battery last night and discovered why this morning. Turns out this weather app I had on my lock screen kept on trying to grab info even with wifi off during the night. Needless to say I deleted the app and replaced it with a digital clock app. The other thing strange was even with the wifi the data was an orange color. But that only happened once overall I'm very happy.

Last edited by DCSholtis; 04-15-2014 at 10:01 AM.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

I've had mine about 2 and a half weeks now, and so far I'm happy with the battery life. I usually have about 1.5 hours of talk per day, dozens of work and personal emails, 50 or more texts per day, at least an hour of podcast listening, probably 20-30 minutes of music listening, doing app updates, some light facebook and twitter, and a few pics for work. I also have a couple of weather apps that update hourly due to needing to know the incoming weather for my job. I get up and take my phone off charge at 6:15 a.m. daily and usually put it back on charge at night around 10:30 p.m. or so. I'm usually at 35-45% left. I always have bluetooth, and wifi on all the time. I leave GPS off unless I'm needing it for navigation. That's definitely fine for me. I was about the same when using my iPhone 5S.
    Moto X
    iPhone 5S

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

This was last week and typical of the kind of battery life I get. I don't always use it this much, but I was forcing myself to drain it dead.

Moto X: How is the battery life??-screenshot_2014-04-09-21-56-11.pngMoto X: How is the battery life??-screenshot_2014-04-09-21-56-32.png

On a typical day I have the phone out of the charger for 15-16 hours and it's down to 20-30% of battery life. GPS is almost always off unless I need it for navigation which is rarely, Bluetooth is always on. The phone gets about 2-3h of screen on time (brightness is somewhere in the middle setting which is plenty bright) with about 1-2 hours of music/podcast listening. My radio signal is pretty good most of the day and I'm on wifi about 75% of the time as well. It gets me through any day no problem. Would I like more battery? Of course but this is plenty great especially compared to the previous phones I've had (it compares to when I had an extended battery on my GS3, which was slightly better but that battery was much larger than Moto X's).

Speaking as a power user who does a fair bit of streaming audio, 7 hours is a out all I get out of it. Hate to say it, but I got better battery performance from the iPhone 5 I came from. Still love my Moto X but battery life is only stellar if you barely use it

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I get about 20 hours with moderate to heavy usage in a fairly strong signal zone. Turning mobile data off drastically improves battery availability. If I turn mobile data off (but keep wifi on), I get close to 36 hours with moderate usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajeev Kumar5 View Post
    Thats great... but some folks here doesn't seem to b happy with d battery performance (not even bed to bed time)...... wat cud b d possible reason

The Moto X seems to suffer some inconsistency but I think Motorola is ok with this because their return policy is very lenient. I went through 5 devices before getting the one I am using and I know your saying to yourself "I don't want to deal with returning so many units to get a good one." They really do make it painless as possible. You just notify them you need a new one within the return period and they send you a code to make another one through MotoMaker and you don't have to return the one your using till the new one comes.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

The Moto X seems to suffer some inconsistency but I think Motorola is ok with this because their return policy is very lenient. I went through 5 devices before getting the one I am using and I know your saying to yourself "I don't want to deal with returning so many units to get a good one." They really do make it painless as possible. You just notify them you need a new one within the return period and they send you a code to make another one through MotoMaker and you don't have to return the one your using till the new one comes.
    I am an Indian and in India there is no Moto Maker and no offer as such. That's y I am bothered. Save battery i am in love with this masterpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajeev Kumar5 View Post
    I am an Indian and in India there is no Moto Maker and no offer as such. That's y I am bothered. Save battery i am in love with this masterpiece.

Yeah that is definitely going to be a problem. Without a removable battery I wouldn't get the Moto X without the ability to return it easily.

Yeah that is definitely going to be a problem. Without a removable battery I wouldn't get the Moto X without the ability to return it easily.
    You returned your phones for battery issues? Does the Moto X really have such inconsistent battery life? My guess is it's probably more that people's definition of "heavy user" and "moderate user" vary a lot.
    KWKSLVR likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast