Offline radio and maps

kaiser10123

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a moto on republic wireless an trying to stay on 10/plan and use Waze/gmaps for navigation Google play music for music. Anyone have a suggestion for turn by turn offline navigation and free apps for offline radio for stuff like stand up comedy and movie soundtracks. I know play music has offline but want more options as well

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

iharley

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm also on Republic and just tried out OsmAnd Maps & Navigation. I found it to be fairly decent. Things that were problematic were word choices. It doesn't use words like "exit" when getting off a freeway, or enter to get on it. It'll say "stay right", which I suppose is technically correct, just not the words I'm used to for getting on/off a freeway. You can download maps of just the area you need (I needed California, Nevada, and Oregon for a trip I did recently). It doesn't always pick the same route that Google Maps would pick, which I found to be annoying as it's route was often longer than GMaps. But, again, I was going on a long trip and Osm does state that it is less accurate for long trips.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I've never done this, but Google maps has the ability to download a map area. You could download a map area before you're leaving and when using navigation it won't have to re-download that map info within that area.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a moto on republic wireless an trying to stay on 10/plan and use Waze/gmaps for navigation Google play music for music. Anyone have a suggestion for turn by turn offline navigation and free apps for offline radio for stuff like stand up comedy and movie soundtracks. I know play music has offline but want more options as well

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

CoPilot has offline maps.

Pocketcast has offline podcasts.

Google play has offline music.

Posted via Android Central App