Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    hodie63's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Twist Gesture with Google Camera?

    Does anyone know how to switch the new Google camera to the default camera on the X. I could not find any settings to make the switch.

    Thanx in advance
  2. #2  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,133 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,177 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    For the wrist gesture?

    XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    hodie63's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Yes for the wrist gesture. Thanks
  4. #4  
    Clocks's Avatar

    Posts
    670 Posts
    Global Posts
    671 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    You can't
  5. #5  
    JoeNM84's Avatar

    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    The wrist gesture is part of the Motorola Camera app I believe, so you would need to find a 2nd app to mimic this to open the new Google camera and turn off the gesture in the Motorola Camera app.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    hodie63's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    All: Thank you so much for the info. Have a great weekend.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Wow, Google Camera is so cool I don't care that it doesn't have the wrist gesture.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Does it allow to set picture size ?
    And what is it called in the play store

    Sent from my Moto X
  9. #9  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    I just checked in the Play store and it's not there

    Sent from my Moto X
  10. #10  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by DonB View Post
    And what is it called in the play store
    Google Camera
    Thanked by:
    DonB 
  11. #11  
    Evilnut's Avatar

    Posts
    386 Posts
    Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    The only things the new Google camera app really adds is photo sphere & grid lines. It is a clean interface. The 2 things that the stock camera app has that I really like are touch any where to take a picture & the shake it twice to launch the camera app feature. I have become so used to this feature that I don't know if I could ever go back to a phone without it. I can pull my camera out of my pocket shake my wrist twice and be taking a picture before most people even unlock their screen to launch their camera apps. It's awesome. I did install the Google camera app as I will use photosphere occasionally. But that's probably all I will use that app for.

    Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X
    Tim
    Droid 4
    Nexus 10
    Lapdock 500 Pro
    mountainloafers likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Thank you PG don't know why it doesn't show up when you search the play store probably server issues

    Ftr it allows for picture sizing as low as 2.1 so easier to email pics

    Sent from my Moto X
  13. #13  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilnut View Post
    ... I did install the Google camera app as I will use photosphere occasionally. But that's probably all I will use that app for.
    That's how I'll be using it, too. That and the occasional "bokeh" shot if I can figure out how to use it.

    I laughed at the way it tries to prevent vertical videos!
    Evilnut likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by DonB View Post
    Thank you PG don't know why it doesn't show up when you search the play store probably server issues

    Ftr it allows for picture sizing as low as 2.1 so easier to email pics

    Sent from my Moto X
    I used my PC to send it to my X
    Thanked by:
    DonB 
  15. #15  
    JoeNM84's Avatar

    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Ditto on photosphere being the only thing I will probably use from this. Maybe the blur feature, but probably not.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilnut View Post
    The only things the new Google camera app really adds is photo sphere & grid lines. It is a clean interface. The 2 things that the stock camera app has that I really like are touch any where to take a picture & the shake it twice to launch the camera app feature. I have become so used to this feature that I don't know if I could ever go back to a phone without it. I can pull my camera out of my pocket shake my wrist twice and be taking a picture before most people even unlock their screen to launch their camera apps. It's awesome. I did install the Google camera app as I will use photosphere occasionally. But that's probably all I will use that app for.

    Posted via Android Central App from my Ebony backed Moto X
    Yes, to be honest with you, and all my other Android devices other than the Droid one, I used to have a camera but the other phones didn't the double shake to activate camera app is awesome and you're right I don't know if I can live without it either it's simple effective and it works fine

    Posted via Android Central App
    Evilnut likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by eric002 View Post
    Yes, to be honest with you, and all my other Android devices other than the Droid one, I used to have a camera but the other phones didn't the double shake to activate camera app is awesome and you're right I don't know if I can live without it either it's simple effective and it works fine

    Posted via Android Central App
    I under - rated that feature when I bought the phone. The best part about it is you don't even have to take your your eye off of your subject to get the camera ready!

    Pull your phone out, twist and feel the haptic feedback letting you know it's loaded without looking at it and it's ready by the time you've lifted the phone up to eye level to look at the screen!

    Sent from my Moto X
    Evilnut likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Same here, I didn't think I'd ever use it and it's pretty much my go-to way of opening the camera app.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Does the Google camera take better indoor pics??
  20. #20  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGary View Post
    Wow, Google Camera is so cool I don't care that it doesn't have the wrist gesture.
    Nothing great about it. Doesn't even support HDR on Moto X, which makes it pointless. HDR is the only mode that kinda saves crappy Moto X camera quality

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tmann202 View Post
    Does the Google camera take better indoor pics??
    No. There's no HDR support. I tried comparing and the stock is better
  21. #21  

    Default Re: New Google Camera-vs-Stock Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by tr-1 View Post
    Nothing great about it. Doesn't even support HDR on Moto X, which makes it pointless. HDR is the only mode that kinda saves crappy Moto X camera quality
    I don't want to make it sound like I think the camera is consistently good because it's not, but HDR has allowed me to get some compliments on some of the pics I've taken with the Moto X!

    Sent from my Moto X
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Twist Gesture with Google Camera?

    As others have noted, you lose the twist to launch gesture, which I find I can't give up now that I've been using it. I love it. You do gain photosphere and blur. I might occasionally use blur, although realistically not a lot, and hardly ever would use photosphere, so I'm just debating now if it's worth keeping the Google camera loaded in my X, it takes up more storage than the stock Moto app (110 MB vs 5.20 MB).
    tr-1 likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Twist Gesture with Google Camera?

    Well, you don't lose the twist-to-launch gesture. It just continues to launch the Moto camera. I'm keeping both - Moto for regular/quick picture taking and Google for Photosphere and Lens blur. If I need to get fancy I'll launch Camera FV-5.

    Oh, okay, I'll admit it. I also have Instagram for the cheap shot. :-)
    Thanked by:
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Twist Gesture with Google Camera?

    The update to Google Camera has HDR.
    It's my immaturity that keeps me young.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Twist Gesture with Google Camera?

    If you are rooted and have Xposed installed then there is a module you can download that will allow you to pick whatever app you want for the twist gesture. It is called twisty switch.

    Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Missing/Disappeared Photos taken with Camera
    By Tical in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-01-2014, 09:09 PM
  2. Sony Xperia Z, 4.3: Trouble with Viber & Skype
    By mahoroty22 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 05:21 AM
  3. Way to make a shortcut to check for app updates in google play?
    By ryancell in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 04:18 PM
  4. Sony Xperia Z: Trouble with Viber & Skype
    By mahoroty22 in forum Sony Xperia Z
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 11:33 AM
  5. 48 hours with my Neo...**UPDATE
    By godsidekurt in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 11:30 AM

Posting Permissions