Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Default New Google Camera App

Did you all grab it? It actually came out yesterday. Now we can use Photo Sphere.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: New Google Camera App

Trading the twist gesture and HDR mode for Photosphere and Lens Blur? I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    Trading the twist gesture and HDR mode for Photosphere and Lens Blur? I'll pass.
    It doesn't replace the Motorola camera app which is accessed by the twist gesture. It just adds the Google Camera app. Although you *can* select which app is launched when swiping left from the lock screen. So for me this is a decent compromise for quick access to either app.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconFiend View Post
    It doesn't replace the Motorola camera app which is accessed by the twist gesture. It just adds the Google Camera app. Although you *can* select which app is launched when swiping left from the lock screen. So for me this is a decent compromise for quick access to either app.
    That's precisely the point I'm making. If I plan on using Google Camera as my main camera app, the twist gesture won't launch me into it.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Or you could have the Google Camera installed for when you want to do Photosphere and Lens Blur and continue twisting for the Motorola Camera for the more frequent regular everyday shots. That is what I'm doing.
    Thanked by 2:

What he said ^.
    Going to try both of them out....
    Why not?

Been waiting for Photosphere. In fact, it's the only thing I was waiting for.
    I still prefer the Moto camera app, but now I feel like I have everything I want in this phone. I use photosphere so infrequently, it's no skin to not have it on the default camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    That's precisely the point I'm making. If I plan on using Google Camera as my main camera app, the twist gesture won't launch me into it.
    Then don't plan on doing that. Keep the Motorola camera app as the defualt - you can continue to launch it using the twist gesture, swiping on the lock screen, etc. But after installing the Google Camera app, you'll have an additional camera app, which you can use for PhotoSphere and Lens Blur. It's no different than installing a third party camera app.