Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    atkjhi's Avatar

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

    Default New Google Camera App

    Did you all grab it? It actually came out yesterday. Now we can use Photo Sphere.

    Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app
  2. #2  

    Default Re: New Google Camera App

    Trading the twist gesture and HDR mode for Photosphere and Lens Blur? I'll pass.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: New Google Camera App

    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    Trading the twist gesture and HDR mode for Photosphere and Lens Blur? I'll pass.
    It doesn't replace the Motorola camera app which is accessed by the twist gesture. It just adds the Google Camera app. Although you *can* select which app is launched when swiping left from the lock screen. So for me this is a decent compromise for quick access to either app.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: New Google Camera App

    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconFiend View Post
    It doesn't replace the Motorola camera app which is accessed by the twist gesture. It just adds the Google Camera app. Although you *can* select which app is launched when swiping left from the lock screen. So for me this is a decent compromise for quick access to either app.
    That's precisely the point I'm making. If I plan on using Google Camera as my main camera app, the twist gesture won't launch me into it.
  5. #5  
    JoeNM84's Avatar

    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Google Camera App

    Or you could have the Google Camera installed for when you want to do Photosphere and Lens Blur and continue twisting for the Motorola Camera for the more frequent regular everyday shots. That is what I'm doing.
    Thanked by 2:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: New Google Camera App

    What he said ^.
    Going to try both of them out....
    Why not?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: New Google Camera App

    Been waiting for Photosphere. In fact, it's the only thing I was waiting for.
    I still prefer the Moto camera app, but now I feel like I have everything I want in this phone. I use photosphere so infrequently, it's no skin to not have it on the default camera.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: New Google Camera App

    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    That's precisely the point I'm making. If I plan on using Google Camera as my main camera app, the twist gesture won't launch me into it.
    Then don't plan on doing that. Keep the Motorola camera app as the defualt - you can continue to launch it using the twist gesture, swiping on the lock screen, etc. But after installing the Google Camera app, you'll have an additional camera app, which you can use for PhotoSphere and Lens Blur. It's no different than installing a third party camera app.

Similar Threads

  1. [NEW][GAME] Mother of Myth [FREE]
    By handofendowment in forum Games
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 10:12 AM
  2. app to save purchased movies to the SD card
    By bennetthaselton in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-20-2014, 02:38 PM
  3. Google not working at all
    By jbleds1 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-18-2014, 02:23 PM
  4. Google Photos app, edits and facebook
    By Tim Richardson in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 07:49 PM
  5. turning off push email for gmail app
    By gjaramillo39 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 07:34 PM

Posting Permissions