Motorola Customer Support

farb12

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm really frustrated with Motorola's customer service. Last Monday I was on my motoX and the screen just went blank. I called there customer sevice number and they said they would send a replacement phone out and I should have it by Thursday. We'll i didn't get the phone or any type of tracking numer so I called them Thursday. They said that the package was ready and waiting for FedEx to pick it up. I will get an email with tracking when they do. We'll it's now Saturday and I still haven't received a tracking number. Good thing I have a second phone. Has anyone else had similar issues?

motohater

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I have been getting the run around with motorola mobility customer service since April 10 when they received my in warranty cellphone. I have had at least a dozen conversations and online chats and no resolution as yet .After the first five business days i was told it was done and due to be shipped the next day. didnt happen then i was told repair case was still open and they had to wait for response from repair team. didnt happen. also my phone was stated to have been received from customer April 12 . Gee was fedex lying when they gave me confirmation of delivery day time and signature of receiver.? well on april 18th i was told my phone couldnt be fixed and was given an order number for a moto x upgrade replacement. today is April 24 and i dont have a phone and there is no sign of shipment either. and yes I have now gone from zero to ***** when having useless interface with their customer service. we are talking to India and Guatemala and they seem to be making up stuff ad they go and i despise that redundant phrase" i understand ms..... i am terribly sorry for your inconvenience and i will be happy to help you .". Not!!!!! I really would like to be able to reach thru the phone and jerk a knot in someone just once. If anyone finds a phone number and address for corporate complaints please post it. this company has really shoddy practices in my opinion .

farb12

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Be warned. DONT BUY A MOTOROLA PHONE WITHOUT BUYING INSURANCE!!!

Monday 4-14
Phone screen went blank. Called Motorola and they said they would send a warrenty phone out 2 day air.

Thursday 4-17
Called inquiring tracking number. I was told that the package was ready for FedEx to pick up.

Monday 4-21
Still no tracking number. I was told again that package was waiting for FedEx to pick up. I questioned this and asked to speak to a supervisor. They asked for a callback number and told me they would contact me in 24 to 48 hours.

Tuesday 4-22
Tired of waiting, called back and demainded to speak to a supervisor. Was on hold for 30 minutes to find out nothing. The supervisor new nothing but promised to get some answers and call me back.

Wednesday 4-23
Received a call from the supervisor. She was still unsure why my warrenty phone has not shipped but thought maybe there was no supply left to send out.

Thursday 4-24
Still no tracking.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Be warned. DONT BUY A MOTOROLA PHONE WITHOUT BUYING INSURANCE!!!

Monday 4-14
Phone screen went blank. Called Motorola and they said they would send a warrenty phone out 2 day air.

Thursday 4-17
Called inquiring tracking number. I was told that the package was ready for FedEx to pick up.

Monday 4-21
Still no tracking number. I was told again that package was waiting for FedEx to pick up. I questioned this and asked to speak to a supervisor. They asked for a callback number and told me they would contact me in 24 to 48 hours.

Tuesday 4-22
Tired of waiting, called back and demainded to speak to a supervisor. Was on hold for 30 minutes to find out nothing. The supervisor new nothing but promised to get some answers and call me back.

Wednesday 4-23
Received a call from the supervisor. She was still unsure why my warrenty phone has not shipped but thought maybe there was no supply left to send out.

Thursday 4-24
Still no tracking.

Was this a non-motomaker device purchased through your carrier?

I hit up customer service via online form over a week ago because my front face camera grommet has shifted. Within an hour I had 3 emails. 1 had an RMA number. 1 had a prepaid return label for my existing phone. One had a MotoMaker code to redo my phone.

On Monday I finally used my code. I checked online yesterday and it had been sent out. It's due to be delivered tomorrow. There is something going on that we aren't figuring out with all of these drastically different experiences. It seems like those of us that purchased directly from Motorola have had fantastic experience, and those that want the carrier root have gotten shafted. Motorola even sent me a discount code for accessories the day after I put in my warranty claim.

Motorola has been fantastic for me. They didn't even bother to put a hold on my debit card until they get my existing device back.

I just can't figure out the disparity.

Posted via Android Central App

farb12

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Bought the phone (16gb black) off contract from bestbuy for 500 bucks.

Just got off the phone with CS. They informed me that they had no replacement devices in stock and didn't know when they were going to get more of them in. This is total BS if you ask me!

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Bought the phone (16gb black) off contract from bestbuy for 500 bucks.

Just got off the phone with CS. They informed me that they had no replacement devices in stock and didn't know when they were going to get more of them in. This is total BS if you ask me!

Have you tried getting a replacement from Best Buy? How weird. Motorola should just give you a Moto Maker Code?

farb12

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious to see what Best Buy says.

They wouldn't do anything. I didn't buy insurance. Called Motorola again insisted to talk to a supervisor. I told them that not knowing when they were going to get more phones in for warrenty purposes was unacceptable. Told them that I was going to call MasterCard. They put me on hold then told me they would be shipping a phone out in 24 to 48 hours. Well it's been 48 hours and I still haven't recived any tracking. I'm really frustrated!!!

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Should have gone with motomaker. Cheaper, custom design, and support is a breeze since they literally just send you a new code to order a new one and a link to print a return shipping label for the one you send back. I'm sorry it has been so much trouble for you.

farb12

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Should have gone with motomaker. Cheaper, custom design, and support is a breeze since they literally just send you a new code to order a new one and a link to print a return shipping label for the one you send back. I'm sorry it has been so much trouble for you.

At the time it was cheaper at bestbuy plus I had a hundred dollars credit. Now I do wish I would have purchase though moto maker. Sounds like they have had better luck with warranty issues.

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
My headphone jack broke, talked go customer service for 5 mins, they sent me a code, and in 2 days my new phone is on its way already.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It could be in the mail. I logged into my account the day mine shipped. I never got an email for whatever reason.

Now my second one, well, not sure of I wanna keep it. It's a solid unit other than some light banding on the screen with grey backgrounds. I'm a picky on the eye though. :p

captcooper

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Spent 5 min on the phone with support. They are sending out a NEW replacement FedEx 2 day. Verizon wanted to send me a refurb, said no thank you. Issue was camera stuck on front (selfie) lens. Don't do selfies!

farb12

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, last week they promised a phone would be shipped out by no later than today and that was only after I threatened to call my credit card company. Guess what... they didn't ship one. But the saving grace to this story is the lady that I talked to today was extremely nice and very upset at what Ive gone through the last 2 weeks. She immediately put me on hold. When she came back she was very apologetic and gave me a motomaker code. No matter where you buy this phone you should get the same customer service period!

Thank you Dawn, Motorola!

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, last week they promised a phone would be shipped out by no later than today and that was only after I threatened to call my credit card company. Guess what... they didn't ship one. But the saving grace to this story is the lady that I talked to today was extremely nice and very upset at what Ive gone through the last 2 weeks. She immediately put me on hold. When she came back she was very apologetic and gave me a motomaker code. No matter where you buy this phone you should get the same customer service period!

Thank you Dawn, Motorola!
Completely agree 100%! I forgot to mention that Motorola tossed in a bunch of stuff I wasn't even expecting like another skip dot and matching headphones. I hate seeing these CS horror stories with them, because they have been so great for me. :(

I'm glad you got a motomaker code, and that they made it right(ish)!