Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Default Handsfree trick for your car

I discover this accidentally when I plugged in the auxiliary jack from the phone to my wife's toyota Sienna.

I was listening to some music on my Moto X through the AUX jack via the headphones. A phone call can't in. I answered it thinking I would be on speaker but something different happened.

The audio was coming through the car's speakers but the mic remained open on the phone. I thought the mic would not be on because of the audio jack.

In fact, open mic works as well.

So plug in your phone in your AUX jack and enjoy hands free calling and hearing it clearly through your car's step system.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Handsfree trick for your car

That is all fine, but keep in mind you need to be in the AUX settings if you want this to work. So those that are listening to radio, then this won't work, so just a heads up. This only works if you are listening to music from your device connected to your AUX input to your vehicle.
    Thanked by:
    yscty 

Yep, I do this all the time as my car isn't Bluetooth equipped.....Works Great!!!

Also in that mode the caller will also pick up feedback because the sound picks up from your stereo speakers

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Now if only there were a way to use the phones mic on Bluetooth. My cars microphone is nowhere near as good as the one on the Moto X. People complain about background noise all the time while I'm driving.

At work (I am a mechanic) people can hear me crystal clear in the shop with all that noise going on.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tedbearclaw View Post
    Also in that mode the caller will also pick up feedback because the sound picks up from your stereo speakers

No feedback.

Placement of the phone is more of an issue for quality of sound picked up by the mic but no feedback.

Posted via Android Central App

Yep, I have been dong that for some time now, as I am always listening to podcasts or tune-in in my car. I may have to speak a bit louder, but rarely do I ever have communication issues.

The best part is, the music or podcast pauses, and then instantly resumes on its own when the call is ended. Truly hands-free from start to finish.