Blury Camera images

VikingGinger

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, new to this forum, and I'm here because I've recently started having problems with my moto x camera. I've been plenty happy with it up until about a week ago. I tend to take a lot of pictures with the phone and suddenly all the pictures are blurry. I can't take a decent picture, flash or not, and have it be in focus. Yes I've cleaned the lens multiple times, there's not any finger prints or any other crap causing the problem. Even when I drag the focus box on the camera over something I can see it tries to set the focus but it is not in focus after it settles. When I snap a picture it looks just as crappy as it does on the screen before capturing the picture. I'm completely at a loss. I don't know if there was an update done to the camera recently but when I search online it looks like google updated the cameras with some sort of blur feature. Maybe this is when the problem started? I really don't know, but my phone is practically worthless to me if the camera feature is no good. Very frustrated and I'm looking for help or suggestions. Appreciate any advice.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Blur feature is only supposed to blur the background, and it's supposed to show onscreen instructions on how to attain the effect, so it's unlikely that's what's going on for you.

Hopefully it isn't a problem with the hardware itself. Try wiping the system cache partition, in case there's anything there that's making things screwy. You won't lose any personal data. https://motorola-global-portal.cust..._id/94946/p/30,6720,8696/kw/cache/action/auth

VikingGinger

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Blur feature is only supposed to blur the background, and it's supposed to show onscreen instructions on how to attain the effect, so it's unlikely that's what's going on for you.

Hopefully it isn't a problem with the hardware itself. Try wiping the system cache partition, in case there's anything there that's making things screwy. You won't lose any personal data. https://motorola-global-portal.cust..._id/94946/p/30,6720,8696/kw/cache/action/auth
Thanks, I'll follow that link now. I did notice on my wife's phone she took a picture last weekend and the background was blurred but she was photographing a still object and we were moving, so I assumed it just happened. I haven't been able to find any blur features on the camera, and haven't seen any on screen instructions. Thanks for the reply, I'll let you know how it works out!

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I assume the OP was talking about the Motorola Camera app, not Google's. Maybe try some other camera apps and see if they all turn out blurry, if so then I'd say there is a hardware defect.