Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Moto x On AIO, and Update 4.4.2

Ok, So me and my Other half are switching from Big Red to AIO wireless, she made the move first with a custom Moto X. We walked into an AIO store, and 5 hours later (and my help with apn settings), we had a ported phone number and working Moto X. Then about a day later i noticed that the Moto X was wanting to Update to 4.4.2... Well go ahead RIGHT? well it failed. ok?, so i let it go. Then the next day it was suffering from the "slow to sync gmail" that was fixed in the 4.4.2 update.

So after trying several times trying to update, both normal, and downloading the update and booting into the stock bootloader thing, it still would not update..

Called Tech support, and finally got ahold of someone with some intelligence over there, They are telling me that AIO needs to approve the update before it will install (OK but its an unlocked phone tho?) But they warrantied the phone anyway, and we have one coming in the mail now. The Motorola guy said the new one will come with 4.4.2 on it, (I dont think it will), or to update it before we stick the SIM card in. But he could not guarantee it would work on AIO after the update has been installed.

What does this sound like to you guys? I still have not purchased my phone, and would like to get a Moto X also, but i would like it to work on AIO or Straight talk.

If it doesn't work on straight talk, what other carriers can i take it to? will it work on ATT? This is an Unlocked Moto X straight from the Moto Maker sight.

Thanks
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,058 Global Posts

Default Re: New Moto x On AIO, and Update 4.4.2

Which model Moto X do you have?
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto 360 (LWX48T, Lollipop 5.0.1)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)

What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Umm... The unlocked one? I look for a model number one the box when I get home I thought they all were the same

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

The unlocked one is the XT1053. AIO is owned by ATT so your phone should work on their network if it works on AIO.

In regards to updating, why don't you take out the SIM and restart the phone and then try to apply the update on WiFi.

Posted via Android Central App
    Moto X | T-Mobile | 139.12.57.ghost_row.Retail.en.US
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,058 Global Posts

If you bought the unlocked "T-Mobile" Moto X, you should get the update regardless of carrier.

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    If you bought the unlocked "T-Mobile" Moto X, you should get the update regardless of carrier.
    Thats what i thought... but its not installing, Im still siding with "theres a software issue" that cant be fixed with a factory reset. im betting Rooting and putting rom on with 4.4.2 would work just fin, but im not allowed to root her new phone.
    Ry

Global Posts
    9,058 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashesbuck View Post
    Thats what i thought... but its not installing, Im still siding with "theres a software issue" that cant be fixed with a factory reset. im betting Rooting and putting rom on with 4.4.2 would work just fin, but im not allowed to root her new phone.
    The stock 4.4.2 ROM should be available somewhere.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Just an update. We now have a new phone, and it did come with 4.4.2. Just like the rep said. And it works fin on AIO. the old one still will not update. Even with no Sim card in it and a factory reset. There must be something messed up in the rom

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Well I can tell you this I purchased a new new unlocked AT&T Moto X a month ago and it came with 4.2.2 and once arrived, a week later I hooked it up on AIO. Then a week later I kept getting the OTA 4.4.2 update request and I decided to wait to install as I was not sure if I was going to root. So a week later I decided not to root and took the update and had no issues. I have not had any issues with the update especially with texting as it resolved the MMS issues

Hope that helps.

Sent from my Moto X