Phone crashes when I attempt to uninstall app

cvaisey

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been having this issue for a bit now and finally fed up enough to seek help.

I attempt to uninstall an application from my Moto X (running 4.4.2) and it immediately crashes the phone. I've done a factory reset on the phone and after installing a test app and trying to uninstall it right after it does the same thing. So basically any app I install I'm stuck with unless I wipe the phone. I took a video of the process. It doesn't matter what application I try to uninstall as it does the same thing with all of them.

Motorola Moto X crash - YouTube

anyone experience this or know why it's doing this?

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Basically anything that goes wrong without it being your own fault is covered under warranty. They might suggest you do a factory reset first though.

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Is that free? I didn't think software related things were covered under any kind of warranty. If its not free, well there's your answer.
It's system related so yes. If you can't use basic functions of the phone you should take it in. There is no charge to look at it and never should be at any retailer you buy a phone at. My guess is they will reset it as cvasiey said and find out it can't be repaired and offer you a replacement. It may be covered under warranty and you might have to pay a $30 or so restocking/activation fee.. just a guess on the charge. Better to have a functioning phone. If you just got it in the last month though it should be completely free. They could also have other options to send it back to Moto and give you a loaner.. Just go talk to them and see. They might look at it a couple hours and tell you to come back after they have time to look at it. If the place you bought it at doesn't have a service center you should find the nearest one. Not all locations have an on site service center. Call and ask.

Side note, if you rooted the phone you may be SOL though as it typically voids warranty. My guess is that you are not rooted though :)

cvaisey

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm not rooted and haven't done anything outside of normal use with the phone. For clarity, when you say service center do you mean something like a verizon store?

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not rooted and haven't done anything outside of normal use with the phone. For clarity, when you say service center do you mean something like a verizon store?
Wherever you bought it. Yes. Call them, explain your issue and ask if they have a service center on site so you can have it looked at. If it's not a large store they may not have one and direct you to the nearest Verizon store with built in service center so it can be looked at by a service tech.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Please keep us posted about how it goes resolving this issue.

sent from my Moto X , Android Central Moderator

Laosing

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Did you find a fix or was a factory reset the answer? I just noticed this on my phone today when trying to uninstall an app, doesn't matter which app it crashes / restarts on each one... Nexus 5 here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie