Amazon app strore question

shetach

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
If I installed amazon app store and downloaded an app from there, then went ahead and uninstalled amazon app store, will I lose the app I downloaded from the app store?
Thanks

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
The app wouldn't be uninstalled, but you would not be able to run it.

Apps from the Amazon store are altered to require the presence of the AppStore on the device -- as well as a network connection. This was a problem I had with Amazon store apps on a wi-fi tablet I used for audiobooks and light gaming. I wouldn't run it for a couple of days and then open it in some remote location -- only to have it inform me that I didn't own the apps and that I should open the AAS to correct that. With no wi-fi connection, I had to tether to my phone to get to the AppStore to verify before I could use apps for which I had shelled out money.

I am in the process of buying those apps I really use again through the Play Store. When that's done, I'm going to complain to Amazon until I get refunds on those apps. I've read that they make no secret of their network requirement, and will give money back to some customers who are unhappy with being locked out of their apps.

Sent from some Android device or another using the AC Forums app.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The app wouldn't be uninstalled, but you would not be able to run it.

Apps from the Amazon store are altered to require the presence of the AppStore on the device -- as well as a network connection. This was a problem I had with Amazon store apps on a wi-fi tablet I used for audiobooks and light gaming. I wouldn't run it for a couple of days and then open it in some remote location -- only to have it inform me that I didn't own the apps and that I should open the AAS to correct that. With no wi-fi connection, I had to tether to my phone to get to the AppStore to verify before I could use apps for which I had shelled out money.

I am in the process of buying those apps I really use again through the Play Store. When that's done, I'm going to complain to Amazon until I get refunds on those apps. I've read that they make no secret of their network requirement, and will give money back to some customers who are unhappy with being locked out of their apps.

For the reasons you listed I dumped the Amazon app store about 2 years ago. It's just not worth it to go through them and put up with their requirements when I can just get the same app on the Play Store, get faster updates and use it whenever I want no matter what on any device I have. I would rather pay a buck or two for an app on the Play Store and not be restricted than get it free from Amazon and have to put up with their BS.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Yep. They got me because I keep a balance with Amazon for one-click impulse purchases. Google didn't have that option until a while after that, so whenever I needed or wanted something with a cost, chances are I got the Amazon version.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey