Need Google keyboard to autocorrect "i" to "I"

portablealpha

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
When I'm typing an email, I would like my Moto X to autocorrect a lowercase "i" to an uppercase "I" for obvious reasons. I swear that it did this when I first got the phone. Now it seems to prefer the lowercase i and doesn't autocorrect it. I've checked my custom dictionaries, etc., and cannot figure out why this changed.

Any suggestions?

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
That's weird. Mine does autocorrect "i" to "I". Do you have the autocorrect suggestions turned on so that it shows 3 word suggestions above the keyboard? If so, when you tap on lowercase "i", is the center word suggestion uppercase "I" with 3 dots below it? That's how mine is and either I tap on the "I" word suggestion, hit the spacebar or just start the next word (if swipe typing), and it autocorrects the lowercase "i" to an uppercase "I".

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
When I'm typing an email, I would like my Moto X to autocorrect a lowercase "i" to an uppercase "I" for obvious reasons. I swear that it did this when I first got the phone. Now it seems to prefer the lowercase i and doesn't autocorrect it. I've checked my custom dictionaries, etc., and cannot figure out why this changed.

Any suggestions?

Have you tried resetting the keyboard app? Clearing cache and data?

You might lose your personal dictionary but this helped me fix mine when my keyboard started doing some weird autocorrecting.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

juntjoo

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried resetting the keyboard app? Clearing cache and data?

You might lose your personal dictionary but this helped me fix mine when my keyboard started doing some weird autocorrecting.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

i am really tired of this lowercase i problem. How do you reset this app? Can't find it. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith