Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By davidnc
  • 1 Post By sprocket2107
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts
    Carrier
    SRF 1.2/Genocide 1.1

Default Lookout Mobile Security Question

I have had my X for 6 months now. About an hour ago the Lookout icon appeared on my notification bar. It was prompting me to setup the application. It would not let me dismiss the notification so I went a head and set it up. My questions are 1) How many of you are using Lookout? 2) Is there any battery drain from using it? 3) Is it safe for me to just uninstall it? I know it was one of the preloaded apps so I'm not sure if uninstalling one of them would have any effect on my phone. I'm still not 100% knowledgable about Android so sorry if these are dumb questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Default Re: Lookout Mobile Security Question

I have the subscription Lookout and have found it an excellent product. Continuous updates and good product support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket2107 View Post
    I have had my X for 6 months now. About an hour ago the Lookout icon appeared on my notification bar. It was prompting me to setup the application. It would not let me dismiss the notification so I went a head and set it up. My questions are 1) How many of you are using Lookout? 2) Is there any battery drain from using it? 3) Is it safe for me to just uninstall it? I know it was one of the preloaded apps so I'm not sure if uninstalling one of them would have any effect on my phone. I'm still not 100% knowledgable about Android so sorry if these are dumb questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1 ) I have had Lookout for a few years .
    2 ) No
    3 ) Yes,
    I wouldnt see why it would not be safe to uninstall.It was not pre installed on mine though.(vzw model)
    From your profile it looks like you have the Sprint model
    A co worker has the Sprint model it has a Lookout shortcut app in the app drawer although it wasn't preinstalled on theirs I checked for them. They thought it was but it wasn't .I think they are planning to install it too from the app shortcut thats in the app drawer
    sprocket2107 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts
    Carrier
    SRF 1.2/Genocide 1.1

I haven't used it in the last 6 months so I just went a head and uninstalled it. I don't find a use for it. Maybe that will change in the future though. Anyways, thanks for the response. It was very helpful.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    davidnc likes this.

I had Lookout on my old SGSII. I took it in to the Sprint store because it was having troubles. The Sprint tech removed it and said that it causes problems for lots of people and he didn't recommend it.